Обсуждение: Slony replication

Slony replication

От
Pedro Doria Meunier
Дата:
Hi All,

I would like to implement DB replication with Slony but with a slave that will not be always available.
The master would have to check first of the slave's availability and then start syncing...

Is this at all possible, or am I just raving? : )

Kind regards,
--
Pedro Doria Meunier
Ips da Olaria

Re: [GENERAL] Slony replication

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 08/12/2007 09:51, Pedro Doria Meunier wrote:

> I would like to implement DB replication with Slony but with a slave
> that will not be always available.
> The master would have to check first of the slave's availability and
> then start syncing...

Please post this to the Slony-I list: this list is for PgAdmin.

Off the top of my head, I don't think that will work for you - but if
you read the documentation for Slony, I seem to recall that you need a
reasonable degree of availability for Slony to work.

Do read the documentation - it's pretty comprehensive, and will save
bandwidth in the lists.....

Ray.

rod@iol.ie