Обсуждение: Bug in PgAdmin III Query

Bug in PgAdmin III Query

От
Andreas Kutschke

on Linux i cannot open the attached SQL-File in the "PgAdmin III Query". On Windows (XP) there are no problems.
I choose the directory (nfs-mounted) and then the file. On "open" the file selection box closes, but nothing happens.
Other sql-Files from the same directory can be opened! The file was created on Windows. I dos2unix'ed it too - no change.

OS Version:                 openSuse (10.2), 64 bit, Kernel: 2.6.18.2-34-default
PgAdmin III Version:         1.6.3

Sincerly

Dr. Andreas Kutschke
e-mail: Andreas.Kutschke@edag.de
Tel:   +49 0661/6000-787
Fax:   +49 0661/6000-592(-11-1556)
Voice: +49 0661/6000-12-1556

Court of jurisdiction: Amtsgericht Fulda, 5 HRB 1075     USt.-Id: DE 112402594
President and CEO: Dr. Klaus Blickle     Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Lutz Helmig
Headquarters: EDAG Engineering + Design AG, Reesbergstraße 1, 36039 Fulda, Germany  /  www.edag.com
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Вложения

Re: Bug in PgAdmin III Query

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Hi,

Andreas Kutschke a écrit :
> on Linux i cannot open the attached SQL-File in the "PgAdmin III Query".
> On Windows (XP) there are no problems.
> I choose the directory (nfs-mounted) and then the file. On "open" the
> file selection box closes, but nothing happens.
> Other sql-Files from the same directory can be opened!

The same happens to me. I need to change it for UTF-8 encoding to be
able to load it. Perhaps a warning message is required in this case ?

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/    http://lfs.traduc.org/    http://docs.postgresqlfr.org/ -->

Re: Bug in PgAdmin III Query

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andreas Kutschke a écrit :
>> on Linux i cannot open the attached SQL-File in the "PgAdmin III Query".
>> On Windows (XP) there are no problems.
>> I choose the directory (nfs-mounted) and then the file. On "open" the
>> file selection box closes, but nothing happens.
>> Other sql-Files from the same directory can be opened!
>
> The same happens to me. I need to change it for UTF-8 encoding to be
> able to load it. Perhaps a warning message is required in this case ?

Can we automatically check for a BOM when opening the file,and use
unicode mode automagically?

/D

Re: Bug in PgAdmin III Query

От
Andreas Kutschke
Дата:
>> Andreas Kutschke a écrit :<br /> > >> on Linux i cannot open the attached SQL-File in the "PgAdmin
IIIQuery".<br /> > >> On Windows (XP) there are no problems.<br /> > >> I choose the directory
(nfs-mounted)and then the file. On "open" the<br /> > >> file selection box closes, but nothing happens.<br />
>>> Other sql-Files from the same directory can be opened!<br /> > > <br /> > > The same happens
tome. I need to change it for UTF-8 encoding to be<br /> > > able to load it. Perhaps a warning message is