Обсуждение: backup/restore in Windows Vista

backup/restore in Windows Vista

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
In Windows Vista, backup and restore in pgAdmin is not working.

Task Manager shows pg_dump or pg_restore processes but they have never
finished.
I turned UAC off, selected Run as administrator and run in XP SP2
compatibility mode but problem persist.

Running same commands from bat file works OK.

Using 1.6.2

Andrus.

Re: backup/restore in Windows Vista

От
Dave Page
Andrus wrote:
> In Windows Vista, backup and restore in pgAdmin is not working.
>
> Task Manager shows pg_dump or pg_restore processes but they have never
> finished.
> I turned UAC off, selected Run as administrator and run in XP SP2
> compatibility mode but problem persist.
>
> Running same commands from bat file works OK.

I cannot reproduce this in 1.7-dev on Vista Ultimate. I also check to
see what happens if attempting to write a back in C:\ for example - it
fails with an appropriate error message.

Do you have any AV that might be blocking things?

Regards, Dave

Re: backup/restore in Windows Vista

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
>> In Windows Vista, backup and restore in pgAdmin is not working.
>>
>> Task Manager shows pg_dump or pg_restore processes but they have never
>> finished.
>> I turned UAC off, selected Run as administrator and run in XP SP2
>> compatibility mode but problem persist.
>>
>> Running same commands from bat file works OK.
>>

> I cannot reproduce this in 1.7-dev on Vista Ultimate. I also check to
> see what happens if attempting to write a back in C:\ for example - it
> fails with an appropriate error message.
>
> Do you have any AV that might be blocking things?

Dave,

thank you.
I do'nt have any antivirus software installed.

I looked into download page and haven't found 1.7-dev binaries for Windows.

Should I try 1.6.3 ?

Andrus.

Re: backup/restore in Windows Vista

От
"Andrus"
Дата:

Andrus wrote:
>>> In Windows Vista, backup and restore in pgAdmin is not working.
>>>
>>> Task Manager shows pg_dump or pg_restore processes but they have never
>>> finished.
>>> I turned UAC off, selected Run as administrator and run in XP SP2
>>> compatibility mode but problem persist.
>>>
>>> Running same commands from bat file works OK.
>>>

>> I cannot reproduce this in 1.7-dev on Vista Ultimate. I also check to
>> see what happens if attempting to write a back in C:\ for example - it
>> fails with an appropriate error message.
>>
>> Do you have any AV that might be blocking things?
>
> Dave,
>
> thank you.
> I do'nt have any antivirus software installed.
>
> I looked into download page and haven't found 1.7-dev binaries for Windows.
>
> Should I try 1.6.3 ?

Please try this dev snapshot
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32/pgadmin3-20070612.msi

Regards, Dave.

Re: backup/restore in Windows Vista

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
> Please try this dev snapshot
> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32/pgadmin3-20070612.msi

Dave,

thank you.

I tried it but results are rhere same: zero size file is created in disk and
nothing more happens.

Andrus

Re: backup/restore in Windows Vista

От
"Andrus"
Дата:

Andrus wrote:
>> Please try this dev snapshot
>> http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/win32/pgadmin3-20070612.msi
>>
> Dave,
>
> thank you.
>
> I tried it but results are rhere same: zero size file is created in disk
> and nothing more happens.

I've tried this again on a virtually brand new install of Vista Business
and still cannot reproduce any problem.

Are you on a domain with any policies in place that could be affecting
things? Can anyone else reproduce this?

Regards, Dave

Re: backup/restore in Windows Vista

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
> Are you on a domain with any policies in place that could be affecting
> things?

There is no domain.

I bought new computer with Vista Business pre-installed, installed
PostgreSQL 8.2.3
and pgAdmin from your link.

Andrus.