Обсуждение:

"tfuruya"
Дата:
My name is T.Furuya and just installed PostgreSQL 8.2.4 ,windows version.
Followings are my question:
1.Since I have been familiar with Access, I want to get PGAccess
to make new table and new DB ,how can I get it?
2Althoug psql.exe has been included in installed PostgreSQL,I
dont know how to use it,how can I use it?

regards

Re:

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 02/05/2007 15:12, tfuruya wrote:

> My name is T.Furuya and just installed PostgreSQL 8.2.4 ,windows version.
> Followings are my question:
> 1.Since I have been familiar with Access, I want to get PGAccess
> to make new table and new DB ,how can I get it?

To make a new database, right-click on the "Databases" node and select
"new Database"; follow a similar process for a table.

> 2Althoug psql.exe has been included in installed PostgreSQL,I
> dont know how to use it,how can I use it?

Have you tried reading the docs? - look under "Reference", "PostgreSQL
Client Applications".

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re:

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 02/05/2007 15:12, tfuruya wrote:
>
>> My name is T.Furuya and just installed PostgreSQL 8.2.4 ,windows version.
>> Followings are my question:
>> 1.Since I have been familiar with Access, I want to get PGAccess
>> to make new table and new DB ,how can I get it?
>
> To make a new database, right-click on the "Databases" node and select
> "new Database"; follow a similar process for a table.

Also note that this is a pgAdmin mailling list, not pgAccess. That's
like asking for help with your Ford at the Volkswagon dealership :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re:

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 04/05/2007 09:41, Dave Page wrote:

> Also note that this is a pgAdmin mailling list, not pgAccess. That's
> like asking for help with your Ford at the Volkswagon dealership :-)

Duh, I missed that. It's a bit early in the morning for a musician on a
day off! :)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re:

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 04/05/2007 13:49, tfuruya wrote:

> I tried to look for "Reference", "PostgreSQL  Client Applications"but in
> vain.
> Should I first access to http://www.postgresql.org/ and then what menu
> should I click?

Please reply to the list, not just to me directly.

Yes, the documentation is on the website - look under the link entitled
"documentation"......

Ray.

rod@iol.ie