Обсуждение: Slony support on PgAdmin III 1.4.3 on Debian Etch

Slony support on PgAdmin III 1.4.3 on Debian Etch

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi,

I installed the PostgreSQL 8.1.5, Slony 1.1.5 using the binaries from
Debain (apt-get) and have manually created a cluster that works.

I would like to create another Slony 1.1.5 cluster  with PgAdmin III
1.4.3. But PgAdmin says: "Slony-I creation scripts not available; only
joining possible". Which scripts does PgAdmin mean?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld
Askesis B.V.
Molukkenstraat 14
6524NB Nijmegen
tel: 024-3888063 / 06-51855277
fax: 024-3608416
web: www.askesis.nl

Re: Slony support on PgAdmin III 1.4.3 on

От
Dave Page

On 29/10/06 04:55, "Joost Kraaijeveld" <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed the PostgreSQL 8.1.5, Slony 1.1.5 using the binaries from
> Debain (apt-get) and have manually created a cluster that works.
>
> I would like to create another Slony 1.1.5 cluster  with PgAdmin III
> 1.4.3. But PgAdmin says: "Slony-I creation scripts not available; only
> joining possible". Which scripts does PgAdmin mean?

It's looking for the Slony SQL script (slony1_funcs.sql, xxid.sql etc). You
can set the path to them under File -> Options iirc.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Slony support on PgAdmin III 1.4.3 on Debian

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
Hi Dave,

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 06:15 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
> > I would like to create another Slony 1.1.5 cluster  with PgAdmin III
> > 1.4.3. But PgAdmin says: "Slony-I creation scripts not available; only
> > joining possible". Which scripts does PgAdmin mean?
>
> It's looking for the Slony SQL script (slony1_funcs.sql, xxid.sql etc). You
> can set the path to them under File -> Options iirc.
OK, those scripts are on my machine (/usr/share/slony1). Maybe this info
(which scripts are needed)  could be added to the online docs?

--

On 29/10/06 06:22, "Joost Kraaijeveld" <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 06:15 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>>> I would like to create another Slony 1.1.5 cluster  with PgAdmin III
>>> 1.4.3. But PgAdmin says: "Slony-I creation scripts not available; only
>>> joining possible". Which scripts does PgAdmin mean?
>>
>> It's looking for the Slony SQL script (slony1_funcs.sql, xxid.sql etc). You
>> can set the path to them under File -> Options iirc.
> OK, those scripts are on my machine (/usr/share/slony1). Maybe this info
> (which scripts are needed)  could be added to the online docs?

It does: http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/slony-install.html (except it
describes them as 'Slony-I cluster creation scripts'.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Slony support on PgAdmin III 1.4.3 on

От
Joost Kraaijeveld
Дата:
On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 07:34 +0000, Dave Page wrote:

> It does: http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/slony-install.html (except it
> describes them as 'Slony-I cluster creation scripts'.
Yes, I have seen that remark, but that made *me* wonder which of the
scripts that are part of the slony source distribution I should use: the
perl scripts in tools or tools/altperl. And the correct answer was the
sql scripts in src/backend.

Maybe I am not smart enough ;-)

--

On 29/10/06 07:43, "Joost Kraaijeveld" <J.Kraaijeveld@Askesis.nl> wrote:

> On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 07:34 +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> It does: http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/slony-install.html (except it
>> describes them as 'Slony-I cluster creation scripts'.
> Yes, I have seen that remark, but that made *me* wonder which of the
> scripts that are part of the slony source distribution I should use: the
> perl scripts in tools or tools/altperl. And the correct answer was the
> sql scripts in src/backend.

I've changed the text to read 'Slony-I cluster creation SQL scripts'.

> Maybe I am not smart enough ;-)

No comment :-)

Regards, Dave