Обсуждение: pgAdmin preBeta4 - results

pgAdmin preBeta4 - results

От
"Harald Armin Massa"
Дата:
andthat was a long running query, and in the middle of the process a virus scanner started to scan. So far from my
coulddrag them to every width; but with the next run of the query they moved back to standard. I am not sure if this
qualifiesas "bug", or rather "feature request", as "do not resize column-width unless types or numbers of query result
/>0173/9409607<br/>-<br />Python: the only language with more web frameworks than keywords.

Re: pgAdmin preBeta4 - results

От
"George Pavlov"
Дата:
pgAdmin v.1.6 beta 3 (5508:5517) has been good for me so far. all the issues i had with previous versions seem fixed
andi can't find new ones ;-) good job, dave!

i am still a bit bummed about two of my biggest pgAdmin pet peeves not being resolved (no distinction between a NULL
anda zero-length string in the grids and the loss of clipboard after closing the app), but we will wait patiently!

Dave Page

On 25/10/06 17:46, "George Pavlov" <gpavlov@mynewplace.com> wrote:

> pgAdmin v.1.6 beta 3 (5508:5517) has been good for me so far. all the issues i
> had with previous versions seem fixed and i can't find new ones ;-) good job,
> dave!

Thanks - and thanks for the feedback!

> i am still a bit bummed about two of my biggest pgAdmin pet peeves not being
> resolved (no distinction between a NULL and a zero-length string in the grids

Err, the edit grid has always distinguished between them - from
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/editgrid.html:

If an SQL NULL is to be written to the table, simply leave the field empty.
If you store a new row, this will let the server fill in the default value
for that column. If you store a change to an existing row, the value NULL
will explicitly be written.

And

If you want pgAdmin III to write an empty string to the table, you enter the
special string '' (two single quotes) in the field. If you want to write a
string containing solely two single quotes to the table, you need to escape
these quotes, by typing \'\'

The grid displays blank for null or '' for empty string, just as you would
enter. I grant you that I don't think the query grid does differentiate -
I'll bung that on the roadmap.

> and the loss of clipboard after closing the app), but we will wait patiently!

I didn't realise it did lose it. I'll add that too.

Regards, Dave

Re: pgAdmin preBeta4 - results

От
"George Pavlov"
Дата:
> I grant you that I don't think the query grid does
> differentiate - I'll bung that on the roadmap.

i did mean the query grid (i hardly ever use the edit grid). i thought
it was on the roadmap:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2006-01/msg00013.php

> > and the loss of clipboard after closing the app), but we
> will wait patiently!
>
> I didn't realise it did lose it. I'll add that too.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2006-05/msg00065.php

where is this "roadmap" anyway? might be good to review for my own
edification and to adjust expectations.

thanks!

george

On 25/10/06 19:45, "George Pavlov" <gpavlov@mynewplace.com> wrote:

>> I grant you that I don't think the query grid does
>> differentiate - I'll bung that on the roadmap.
>
> i did mean the query grid (i hardly ever use the edit grid). i thought
> it was on the roadmap:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2006-01/msg00013.php

A similar item was on the Bugs list for the Edit Grid, and got removed when
I revised it this morning (because I did the work a while back):

- [Edit grid] bool editing doesn't know NULL; major redesign needed

It turned out not to be quite so major :-)

>>> and the loss of clipboard after closing the app), but we
>> will wait patiently!
>>
>> I didn't realise it did lose it. I'll add that too.
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2006-05/msg00065.php

Must have missed that.
> where is this "roadmap" anyway? might be good to review for my own
> edification and to adjust expectations.

I only wrote it at lunchtime actually - it's the list of items that we
actually expect to do in the next release cycle (as opposed to the TODO list
which contains all sorts of idea that may never get done):

http://www.pgadmin.org/development/roadmap.php

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgAdmin preBeta4 - results

От
Mauro Bertoli
Дата:
> If you want pgAdmin III to write an empty string to
> the table, you enter the
> special string '' (two single quotes) in the field.
> If you want to write a
> string containing solely two single quotes to the
> table, you need to escape
> these quotes, by typing \'\'

I think the simplest choice is to use a Enterprise
Manager approach: CTRL + 0 (zero) is NULL, typing ''
is "strange"

Best regards,Mauro

http://mail.yahoo.it

Re: pgAdmin preBeta4 - results

От
"Dave Page"

It's been that way since the beginning - I don't think it's going to
change now.

Regards, Dave.