Обсуждение: PgAdmin doesn't let me enter new values via table grid

PgAdmin doesn't let me enter new values via table grid

От
Thomas Pundt
Дата:
Hi,

yet another strange thing that did work before:

The database doesn't save values when entered into the table grid. Instead
I get an error popup saying: ERROR:  type "pg_catalog.integer" does not exist

I've double checked an older version of pgadmin, and that version has no
problems saving the changed line.

The offending statement according to the log file is:
ERROR:  type "pg_catalog.integer" does not exist
STATEMENT:  UPDATE rpcore_portal_template SET
template_size='long'::pg_catalog.text WHERE rpcore_template_id
= '1'::pg_catalog."integer"

The database is a version 8.1.4 installation, pgadmin is r5368 compiled from
SVN. I've attached a schema only dump of the table.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt@rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----

Re: PgAdmin doesn't let me enter new values via table grid

От
"Dave Page"

Thanks Thomas - this is due to pgAdmin now using format_type to ensure
that you always see the SQL/PostgreSQL standard type name formatting.
Seems there were still a couple of places where we were unecessarily
re-adding schema qualifications and quoting. I think I've got these all
fixed in SVN.

Regards, Dave.

Re: PgAdmin doesn't let me enter new values via table grid

От
Thomas Pundt
Дата:
Hi Dave,

On Friday 15 September 2006 16:32, Dave Page wrote:
| Thanks Thomas - this is due to pgAdmin now using format_type to ensure
| that you always see the SQL/PostgreSQL standard type name formatting.
| Seems there were still a couple of places where we were unecessarily
| re-adding schema qualifications and quoting. I think I've got these all
| fixed in SVN.

Yes, that one is fixed. Thank you.

Ciao,
Thomas