Обсуждение: PgAdmin locked up

PgAdmin locked up

От
"Keith Worthington"
Дата:
Hi All,

I am really desperate for some help.  PgAdmin is locked up on me.

I had highlighted some text in a SQL window and when i mistakenly clicked on the
highlighted text the cursor changed to something like a plus sign under an
inverted L. sort of like this__
|+

Now I can't do anything!  I really hate the idea of switching to a terminal and
killing pgadmin.  What is this and how can I get out?

Kind Regards,
Keith

Re: PgAdmin locked up

От
"Dave Page"

We've seen reports of this some versions of Ubuntu - see
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-05/msg00897.php for a
quick 'get-out'. It would appear to be a bug in the version of wxWidgets
shipped with Ubuntu - see
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-05/msg00900.php.

Regards, Dave.

Re: PgAdmin locked up

От
"Keith Worthington"
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:56:42 +0100, Dave Page wrote

Dave,

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately I seem to be completely locked up.  Is there
a temp file somewhere that I can salvage my queries from?  I have never looked
before but I assume that when I kill pgadmin then my SQL will be gone.  Is there
a way to kill a specific SQL window and not all of pgadmin?

Kind Regards,
Keith

Re: PgAdmin locked up

От
"Dave Page"

Sorry, I'm afraid you're out of luck. Your only chance might be the
pgAdmin or server logfiles if you've executed your queries and have
statement logging turned on on either.

Incidently - is this Ubuntu?

Regards, Dave.

Re: PgAdmin locked up

От
"Keith Worthington"
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:11:25 +0100, Dave Page wrote

Dave,

I do not know.  I compiled it myself (with your help actually) the end of March.Here is what I can tell you.  If you
wouldlike more then just ask.  You might

need to tell me where to look. ;-)

If there is a way to fix this issue please let me know.  I used to get bit by it
regularly.  That is why I went through the pain of compiling the latest pgadmin.I had thought until today that the bug
wasgone.  Now with the fresh sting of a

days worth of troubleshooting SQL lost I am off to save all my keystrokes. :-(

pgAdmin3 1.4.2
wxGTK 2.6.2

Kind Regards,
Keith

Re: PgAdmin locked up

От
"Dave Page"

Yes, but what OS are you running? Some linux distro?

>  Here is what I can tell you.  If you would like more then
> just ask.  You might
> need to tell me where to look. ;-)
>
> If there is a way to fix this issue please let me know.  I
> used to get bit by it
> regularly.  That is why I went through the pain of compiling
> the latest pgadmin.
>  I had thought until today that the bug was gone.  Now with
> the fresh sting of a
> days worth of troubleshooting SQL lost I am off to save all
> my keystrokes. :-(
>
> pgAdmin3 1.4.2
> wxGTK 2.6.2

I'd definitely try a build against wx 2.6.3. And as with any program -
save your work regularly!!

Regards, Dave.

Re: PgAdmin locked up

От
"Keith Worthington"
On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 20:43:54 +0100, Dave Page wrote

Dave,

I am running on RHEL3.

I will try a new build next week.

Yeah, ouch.  The stuff I lost wasn't critical but it was two days worth of
queries written while toubleshooting an anomoly. :-(

Kind Regards,
Keith Worthington
President

Narrow Path, Inc.