Обсуждение: starting/stopping service from windows not working

starting/stopping service from windows not working

От
"Mr. DBA"
Дата:
Hi List.

I have an SuSE Linux client and a Postgres db on a separate Red Hat server. On the SuSE Linux box (my laptop) I've also
installedVmware running Windoze xp.  I've installed PG Admin III on the Linux client and on the winxp VM. I've also
enteredthe proper pg_ctl string in the service entry within the server properties dialog.  If I bring up the Linux
versionof PG Admin III I can now start/stop the service as expected. However on the winxp side the start/stop service
menuitems are still greyed out.

Any thoughts.. ?

Thanks

Re: starting/stopping service from windows not working

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
From: "Mr. DBA"

> Hi List.
>
> I have an SuSE Linux client and a Postgres db on a separate Red Hat server. On the SuSE Linux box
(my laptop) I've also installed Vmware running Windoze xp.  I've installed PG Admin III on the Linux
client and on the winxp VM. I've also entered the proper pg_ctl string in the service entry within
the server properties dialog.  If I bring up the Linux version of PG Admin III I can now start/stop
the service as expected. However on the winxp side the start/stop service menu items are still
greyed out.

> Any thoughts.. ?
>
> Thanks

Eh?, Have you arranged the PostgreSQL server on Windows-XP?
pgAdmin3 cannot perform service control over a network...
Is the meaning of your environment different?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: starting/stopping service from windows not working

От
"Dave Page"

You can only stop/start services running on the local machine (our only
access to remote machines is via SQL...).

Regards, Dave