Обсуждение: "view data" freezes up every time

"view data" freezes up every time

От
Francisco Leovey
Дата:
PgAdmin III 1.4.1

Every time you try to "view data" and a field is type text with large amount of data the program freezes, in PgAdmin II it works fine

Also the help window stays always on top
As I reported before, version III is not honoring the DATESTYLE of the date fields

The rest seems OK thanks

Re: "view data" freezes up every time

От
"Dave Page"

Every time you try to "view data" and a field is type text with large amount of data the program freezes, in PgAdmin II it works fine

What OS, PG version etc?

Also the help window stays always on top

Yes.

As I reported before, version III is not honoring the DATESTYLE of the date fields

No, pgAdmin always works in ISO format, except in the query tool. That is by design.

Regards, Dave.

Re: "view data" freezes up every time

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

From: "Dave Page"
> > Also the help window stays always on top
>
> Yes.

I find that Andreas has improved it.(developer version)
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin3/pgAdmin3_help_back.PNG

I had overlooked from the latest busyness.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: "view data" freezes up every time

От
"Dave Page"

That's only the built in viewer that's used on *nix and in dev mode on
Windows. The Windows HTMLHelp viewer still stays on top. There's no easy
way to change that from what I can tell, though some shellexec hackery
might work by opening something like:

mk:@MSITStore:docs\en_US\pgadmin3.chm::/pg/index.html

Regards, Dave.

Re: [pgadmin-hackers] "view data" freezes up every time

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
From: "Dave Page"
> > I had overlooked from the latest busyness.
>
> That's only the built in viewer that's used on *nix and in dev mode on
> Windows. The Windows HTMLHelp viewer still stays on top. There's no easy
> way to change that from what I can tell, though some shellexec hackery
> might work by opening something like:

Ahhh, Regret.....
I expected momentary magic.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: "view data" freezes up every time

От
"Andrus"
Дата:
"No, pgAdmin always works in ISO format, except in the query tool. That is
by design."

pgAdmin uses three different date formats:

1. Localized date format in query designer
2. ISO format in query output and in sql window
3. US format in date entry fields like in Login Role properties Account
expires dialog.

I havent seen so much date formats in any other appl.