Обсуждение: Foreign keys edit with pulldown?

Foreign keys edit with pulldown?

От
Scott Chapman
Дата:
It would be very nice if foreign key fields had a pulldown to select the
value from existing values in the foreign table.  Are there any plans to
add this functionality to pgAdminIII?

Scott

Re: Foreign keys edit with pulldown?

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Scott Chapman wrote:
> It would be very nice if foreign key fields had a pulldown to select the
> value from existing values in the foreign table.  Are there any plans to
> add this functionality to pgAdminIII?

This sounds nice, I put it on the TODO list. Still, there are some
caveats: The FK table may be too big to be usable in a combobox, we'd
need some graceful limit here.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Foreign keys edit with pulldown?

От
"Dave Held"
> > It would be very nice if foreign key fields had a pulldown
> > to select the value from existing values in the foreign table.
> > Are there any plans to add this functionality to pgAdminIII?
>
> This sounds nice, I put it on the TODO list. Still, there are some
> caveats: The FK table may be too big to be usable in a combobox, we'd
> need some graceful limit here.

Well, if we're going down that road, why not also implement lookup
fields where it actually displays a relevant value from the foreign
table in the table view?

__
David B. Held
Software Engineer/Array Services Group