Обсуждение: Can't run ver 1.2 on XP

Can't run ver 1.2 on XP

От
"Mike G."
Дата:
Hi,

I upgraded to 1.2 from 1.02 today but it errors out when I try to launch it.

The error is: "The ordinal 2821 could not be located in the dynamic link library libeay32.dll"

I uninstalled 1.02 before installing 1.2.

I had postgresql beta 3 installed so I uninstalled it and 1.2, then reinstalled 1.2.  I am still getting the same
error.

Lastly I tried downloading the install package from a different mirror.  No luck there.

Mike

Re: Can't run ver 1.2 on XP

От
Tony Caduto
Дата:
Windows XP no longer uses the dlls in the same dir as the exe.
It first looks in the system dir.
You need to remove the SSL dlls from the PGAdmin III dir and either use
the ones already on your system or copy the ones included with PGAdmin
to your system dir replacing the existing ones.

Mike G. wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I upgraded to 1.2 from 1.02 today but it errors out when I try to launch it.
>
>The error is: "The ordinal 2821 could not be located in the dynamic link library libeay32.dll"
>
>I uninstalled 1.02 before installing 1.2.
>
>I had postgresql beta 3 installed so I uninstalled it and 1.2, then reinstalled 1.2.  I am still getting the same
error.

>Lastly I tried downloading the install package from a different mirror.  No luck there.
>
>Mike

Re: Can't run ver 1.2 on XP

От
"Dave Page"

pgAdmin installs them in the system32 directory anyway. Do you have any
in the pgAdmin directory from an old installation though - I can't
rememeber if the behaviour Tony describes was an SP2 change?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Can't run ver 1.2 on XP

От
"Mike G."
Дата:
Thanks,

I did find an older version of that dll in the system32 directory.  Reinstalling 1.2 after deleting it did allow the
1.2installation program to drop the newer version of that dll into the system32 directory.

I am on SP2.

Mike

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 08:26:48AM -0000, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Re: Can't run ver 1.2 on XP

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Mike,

I take it that fixed it?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Can't run ver 1.2 on XP

От
Mike G
Дата:
Sorry for the new post but yes removing the existing dll fixed it.
Thank you very much!

Mike