Обсуждение: Restore functionality in 1.2RC2 and [possibile] feature request

Restore functionality in 1.2RC2 and [possibile] feature request

От
"Keith C. Perry"
Дата:
I might have missed this in a previous discussion but is the "restore" function
working as of RC2 or is it not complete.  The reason I ask is because one of the
things I think would be useful (but maybe not easy to implement) is being about
to  have the copy command work files on the same node as pgadmin instead of the
database server's filesystem.  I would really like to upload my datasets without
having to ftp the file to the server first.  The backup/restore functionality
provide a bit of a help in that it work with the filesystem you are running the
client from.

Backup (table dumping) seems to work but when I tried to restore, the OK button
stays greyed out.

Also, in regards to the "copy" function.  Are there any plans to have this work
with the local filesystem?

Thanks in advance

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.
Director of Networks & Applications

Re: Restore functionality in 1.2RC2 and [possibile]

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Keith C. Perry wrote:
> I might have missed this in a previous discussion but is the "restore" function
> working as of RC2 or is it not complete.  The reason I ask is because one of the
> things I think would be useful (but maybe not easy to implement) is being about
> to  have the copy command work files on the same node as pgadmin instead of the
> database server's filesystem.  I would really like to upload my datasets without
> having to ftp the file to the server first.  The backup/restore functionality
> provide a bit of a help in that it work with the filesystem you are running the
> client from.
>
> Backup (table dumping) seems to work but when I tried to restore, the OK button
> stays greyed out.

If the button is greyed out, the file selected isn't a valid file for
pgAdmin. Use COMPRESSED or TAR format for backup, PLAIN isn't readable
for pgAdmin.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Restore functionality in 1.2RC2 and [possibile]

От
"Keith C. Perry"
Дата:
Quoting Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>:

> Keith C. Perry wrote:
> > I might have missed this in a previous discussion but is the "restore"
> function
> > working as of RC2 or is it not complete.  The reason I ask is because one
> of the
> > things I think would be useful (but maybe not easy to implement) is being
> about
> > to  have the copy command work files on the same node as pgadmin instead of
> the
> > database server's filesystem.  I would really like to upload my datasets
> without
> > having to ftp the file to the server first.  The backup/restore
> functionality
> > provide a bit of a help in that it work with the filesystem you are running
> the
> > client from.
> >
> > Backup (table dumping) seems to work but when I tried to restore, the OK
> button
> > stays greyed out.
>
> If the button is greyed out, the file selected isn't a valid file for
> pgAdmin. Use COMPRESSED or TAR format for backup, PLAIN isn't readable
> for pgAdmin.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Ahh, that explains that.  I never do binary dumps.  So now you already know what
my next questions is.  Any chance of the PLAIN format being a future option?