Обсуждение: Re: PGAdmin3 crashes on adding tables to Querybuilder

Re: PGAdmin3 crashes on adding tables to Querybuilder

От
"Dave Page"

Hey, don't worry about it - I wasn't having a go at you or anything. Please keep the bug reports coming....

Unfortunately the Query Builder uses part of wxWindows (or wxWidgets as it's now called), that simply doesn't work on
GTK.I have reported it to the wx team, but noone seemed interested, and the problem is way beyond my understanding of
it.The current builds are broken on Windows at the moment following some failed attempts to work around the problem.

Regards, Dave

Re: PGAdmin3 crashes on adding tables to Querybuilder

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>>Hi Dave,
>>yes I know, it is a developmnet build. But isn't it built to
>>let others to test it?
>>I just realized an obvious bug and wanted to eagerly report
>>it. :) Yes, I know, I should have read the bug reports before. Sorry.
>>

>Hey, don't worry about it - I wasn't having a go at you or anything. Please keep the bug reports coming....
>
>Unfortunately the Query Builder uses part of wxWindows (or wxWidgets as it's now called), that simply doesn't work on
GTK.I have reported it to the wx team, but noone seemed interested, and the problem is way beyond my understanding of
it.The current builds are broken on Windows at the moment following some failed attempts to work around the problem.

This isn't a support issue, it belongs on hackers.

I'd opt for removing the current query builder implementation from the
menu, until it is rewritten without MDI. It wouldn't work on OSX anyway,
I'm afraid...

Regards,
Andreas

Re: PGAdmin3 crashes on adding tables to Querybuilder

От
Együd Csaba
Дата:
Hi Dave,
sorry for the late answer - I spent the weekend with my newborn baby - very
proud of him. :)

> Hey, don't worry about it - I wasn't having a go at you or
> anything. Please keep the bug reports coming....
No problem at all! :) I love your pgadmin3 and very happy with it!
Actually I never use the graphical query designer because I like to compose
my queries myself instead, but time to time I wonder if somebody can
constuct a really usable one. Which I have never seen.
So on every couple of months I try out this tool in PGAdmin3 and finding
that enything has happend to it...
Doesn't metter - I do not need it. Just thought somebody should report it...

> Unfortunately the Query Builder uses part of wxWindows (or
> wxWidgets as it's now called), that simply doesn't work on
> GTK. I have reported it to the wx team, but noone seemed
> interested, and the problem is way beyond my understanding of
> it. The current builds are broken on Windows at the moment
> following some failed attempts to work around the problem.
OK, I'm patient.
And what about the cancel buttons? Not crucial, but it would be more
confortable to close a window by pressing the ESC key. It is tireing to find
the mouse to close a window after a longterm typing.

Thank you very much.

Best regards, -- Csaba

---

Re: PGAdmin3 crashes on adding tables to Querybuilder

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Együd Csaba wrote:

>OK, I'm patient.
>And what about the cancel buttons? Not crucial, but it would be more
>confortable to close a window by pressing the ESC key. It is tireing to find
>the mouse to close a window after a longterm typing.

Try Alt-F4.

Regards,
Andreas