Обсуждение: pgadmin3 for FC2

pgadmin3 for FC2

От
"Fernando J. Leal"
Дата:
Hi all!
Are there any pgadmin3 binary for FC2 already?
I've been trying to build it from source with no success.
Thanks a lot! ;-)
Fernando J. Leal
fjleal@ingeniumatica.com <mailto:fjleal@ingeniumatica.com>
http://www.ingeniumatica.com

Re: pgadmin3 for FC2

От
"Scot L. Harris"
Дата:
On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 06:27, Fernando J. Leal wrote:
> Hi all!
> Are there any pgadmin3 binary for FC2 already?
> I've been trying to build it from source with no success.
> Thanks a lot! ;-)

Several of us have hit the same problem.  Joe Conway tracked down the
issue.  Apparently in FC2 they no longer export certain internal gtk+
functions which wxWindows was using.  (see my earlier posts with the
specific errors).

Joe sorted out a patch which rebuilds the gtk+ libraries to export the
internal functions.

Earlier this week this problem seemed to get the attention of a few
additional people so there may be a better fix in the works.

For the moment I am using the pgadmin I build under a Redhat 8.0 system
to connect to my FC2 box when needed.

I was able to get pgadmin built under Redhat 8.0.  Just needed the patch
for the configure file and to make sure ssl was built into postgresql.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@cfl.rr.com

Thou hast seen nothing yet.    -- Miguel de Cervantes

Re: pgadmin3 for FC2

От
"Diego A. Gil"
Дата:
No, I don´t have RPMs. I am thinking about it but first I have to learn
how to do it.

I downloaded wxWidgets snapshot from :

http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-pgAdmin3-20040907.tar.bz2

and get pgadmin sources from CVS but I guess you could use source
snapshot from:

http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/src/pgadmin3-src-20040914.tar.gz

Unpack these tar files in a convenient directory and follow, carefully,
instructions in docs/en_EN/unix_compilation.html under pgadmin3
directoy.

To avoid troubles, better you delete any previous wxWidgets
installation, if any.

Contact me with detailed errors if you keep having problems.

Good luck!.

Regards,

Diego.

El mar, 14-09-2004 a las 14:16, Terry Letsche escribió:
> Hi!
>
> Do you have an rpm of your pgadmin3 for FC2? Did you need to do anything
> special with your wxWindows to get pgadmin3 to work? I've been having
> similar problems getting it to install.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Terry

Re: pgadmin3 for FC2

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Diego A. Gil wrote:
> No, I don´t have RPMs. I am thinking about it but first I have to learn
> how to do it.

Devrim should provide one as soon as he will get time to do it.

> I downloaded wxWidgets snapshot from :
>
> http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-pgAdmin3-20040907.tar.bz2

Please, _don't_ use developer.pgadmin.org.
I mistakenly provide this url one day and the Internet line won't
support several downloads at the same time.
Use this one instead:
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/wxWidgets/wxWidgets-pgAdmin3-20040907.tar.bz2

If nor Devrim not Jean-Michel get time to build rpms, I'll try to
provide rpms myself but not until the end of the WE (unless my new child
decide to born ;p)

> and get pgadmin sources from CVS but I guess you could use source
> snapshot from:
>
> http://developer.pgadmin.org/snapshots/src/pgadmin3-src-20040914.tar.gz
And this one:
http://www.pgadmin.org/snapshots/src/pgadmin3-src-20040914.tar.gz