Обсуждение: SuSE 9.0 ... Works!

SuSE 9.0 ... Works!

От
Jason McKerr
Дата:
I noticed that some people were having problems with PgAdmin3 on SuSE.

I couldn't get it ti install (rpm or source).  So I just decided to try
some other RPM's.  I have to admit it was an act of desperation, but the
friggin Mandrake 9.1 install worked.  I almost fell off my chair.

Anyway I first installed the wxwindow stuff:

wxGTK2ud-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
wxGTK2ud-devel-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
wxGTK2ud-stc-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
wxGTK2ud-xrc-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm

Then I installed:
pgadmin3-1.0.2-1.i586.rpm

And it actually worked.  For once, my complete laziness paid off.

Well, there you have it folks.  I will likely unsubscribe from this list
in a day or two.  Just wanted to help out some fellow SuSErs out there.

Re: SuSE 9.0 ... Works!

От
Raphaël Enrici
Дата:
Hi Jason,

thanks for your feedback, I'm fine you found a solution to get it
working (lazyness or not lazyness... ;p).
May be Jean-Michel will be able to produce a native SUSE 9.0 rpm later
(why not a vserver for this?).
Just a word to save you some disk space, you should be allowed to
uninstall all the wx stuff.
Rpms and other packages are linked statically to these wx packages and
they are only needed if you try to build pgAdmin3 by yourself.

Regards,
Raphaël

Jason McKerr wrote:

>I couldn't get it ti install (rpm or source).  So I just decided to try
>some other RPM's.  I have to admit it was an act of desperation, but the
>friggin Mandrake 9.1 install worked.  I almost fell off my chair.
>Anyway I first installed the wxwindow stuff:
>wxGTK2ud-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
>wxGTK2ud-devel-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
>wxGTK2ud-stc-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
>wxGTK2ud-xrc-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
>Then I installed:
>pgadmin3-1.0.2-1.i586.rpm
>And it actually worked.  For once, my complete laziness paid off.
>Well, there you have it folks.  I will likely unsubscribe from this list
>in a day or two.  Just wanted to help out some fellow SuSErs out there.

Re: SuSE 9.0 ... Works!

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Samedi 27 Décembre 2003 22:44, Jason McKerr a écrit :
> wxGTK2ud-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
> wxGTK2ud-devel-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
> wxGTK2ud-stc-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
> wxGTK2ud-xrc-2.5-20030831.i386.rpm
> Then I installed:
> pgadmin3-1.0.2-1.i586.rpm

Dear Jason,

wxGTK2ud packages are only needed for development. For pgAdmin installation,
you only need to install a single pgadmin3 RPM package.

To uninstall wxGTK2ud:
rpm -e wxGTK2ud wxGTK2ud-devel wxGTK2ud-stc wxGTK2ud-xrc

Then, can you try uninstalling Mandrake package and reinstalling the Suse
package with: rpm -Uvh pgadmin3*.

This will help understand the reasons of the problem.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: SuSE 9.0 ... Works!

От
Jason McKerr
Дата:
Dear Jean-Michel,

I have done as you asked.  The problem with the SuSE packages is the
libcrypto stuff. The SuSE package you have requires
libcrypto.so.0.9.6 and libssl.so.0.9.6.  I have a later versions of
these packages installed.

Then when I tried to build from source for SuSE I couldn't get the psql
directory setting correct for the Postgresql isntall.  It ketp checking
it and then saying that it wasn't a valid postgres directory.

Installing the Mandrake 9.1 rpm works fine (without the wx packages).
Not sure what it does to link the ssl and cryto files...

Jason