Обсуждение: Re: porting for redhat 8.0

Re: porting for redhat 8.0

От
Adam H.Pendleton
Дата:
What specific problems are you having with the binary distribution on
RH 8?  Where did you download the binary distribution from?  The more
information you can provide, the easier it will be for us to help you.

ahp
On Monday, Dec 1, 2003, at 04:38 US/Eastern, Ivan Luzzi wrote:

> I would like to ask if you could do a port of pgadmin3 on redhat 8.0
>
> I used it with redhat9 and found it a really great tool, then for
> other reasons I had to switch back to redhat 8.0 and the binary you
> distribute for rh9 don’t work on rh8
>

> Thanks for any help,
>

> Ivan

R: porting for redhat 8.0

От
"Ivan Luzzi"
Дата:
> What specific problems are you having with the binary distribution on
> RH 8?  Where did you download the binary distribution from?  The more
> information you can provide, the easier it will be for us to help you.
>
> ahp
> On Monday, Dec 1, 2003, at 04:38 US/Eastern, Ivan Luzzi wrote:
>
> > I would like to ask if you could do a port of pgadmin3 on redhat 8.0
> >
> > I used it with redhat9 and found it a really great tool, then for
> > other reasons I had to switch back to redhat 8.0 and the binary you
> > distribute for rh9 don't work on rh8

I downloaded the rpm from the italian mirror of pgadmin site.
This is what I get when I try to install it:

root::/usr/src/redhat/rpms\> rpm -U pgadmin3-1.0.1-1.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:       libcrypto.so.4 is needed by pgadmin3-1.0.1-1       libpthread.so.0(GLIBC_2.3.2) is
neededby pgadmin3-1.0.1-1       libssl.so.4 is needed by pgadmin3-1.0.1-1

redhat9 comes with glibc.2.3 while redhat8 still uses glibc.2.2.95
I cannot upgrade glibc libs because of incompatibilities with other libs.
I also downloaded the wx rpm's and those get insalled without problems.
Then I tried to compile pgadmin but the configure procedure stops saying to
Define the pgsql dir; I declared it but it seems to ignore...
What should it find there, the whole installation included the devel rpm's?

Thanks again,
Ivan