Обсуждение: data grid can't display chinese characters, pgadmin can't handle xinput

data grid can't display chinese characters, pgadmin can't handle xinput

От
Chen Shaopeng
Дата:
Hi,

Can someone give a hint on how to display chinese data in pgadmin
data grid?

Here's my system config:
OS: Linux RH9
PG: 7.3.2.3
PGAdmin: 0.9.0 Beta 1 (11 August 2003)
Locale: zh_CN.GB18030

The documentation said pgadmin support zh_CN locale. But it does not seem
to display chinese characters. I can insert the records into the db with
psql and use it to retrieve and see they are fine. But on pgadmin,
it just shows the char '"' and that's it.

Changing locale to zh_CN.GB2312 does not work either.

Second question: anyone got it work with chinput?

thanks

--
Chen Shaopeng
I digitally sign my emails with GnuPG, and I use Linux. If you receive,

Re: data grid can't display chinese characters,

От
Reshat Sabiq

Chen Shaopeng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone give a hint on how to display chinese data in pgadmin
> data grid?
>
> Here's my system config:
> OS: Linux RH9
> PG: 7.3.2.3
> PGAdmin: 0.9.0 Beta 1 (11 August 2003)
> Locale: zh_CN.GB18030
>
> The documentation said pgadmin support zh_CN locale. But it does not seem
> to display chinese characters. I can insert the records into the db with
> psql and use it to retrieve and see they are fine. But on pgadmin,
> it just shows the char '"' and that's it.
>
> Changing locale to zh_CN.GB2312 does not work either.
>
> Second question: anyone got it work with chinput?
>
> thanks

I heard pgAdmin3 should be able to display Unicode, but haven't tried.
Of course, this would also require the data to be Unicode-encoded.

--
Sincerely,
Reshat.

If you see my certificate with this message, you should be able to send me encrypted e-mail.
Please consult your e-mail client for details if you would like to do that.

Re: data grid can't display chinese characters,

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Chen Shaopeng wrote:

Hi Chen,
sorry for delay, I was waiting if there's somebody answering who knows
better than me about non-Latin charsets.

> Hi,
>
> Can someone give a hint on how to display chinese data in pgadmin
> data grid?

Hiroshi,
do you have problems entering data in the grid? Any hints for Chen?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: data grid can't display chinese characters, pgadmin can't handle xinput

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
From: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>

> Chen Shaopeng wrote:
>
> Hi Chen,
> sorry for delay, I was waiting if there's somebody answering who knows
> better than me about non-Latin charsets.
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can someone give a hint on how to display chinese data in pgadmin
> > data grid?
>
> Hiroshi,
> do you have problems entering data in the grid? Any hints for Chen?

The mail which I am sorry for may have been missed.
Though it isn't understood what a platform is, the one related to X-Window influences setting of IME.
What does IME use?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito