Обсуждение: pgadmin iii ...... pg 7.3.4

pgadmin iii ...... pg 7.3.4

От
"John Bercik"
Дата:
I'm getting "error connecting to server FATAL password authentication failed
for user postgres"  using pgadmin 3.  It worked fine in 7.3.3 but now i
can't connect in 7.3.4. Any ideas?  I'm getting:  it says  unsupported
frontend protocol  in the postgres log.  Thanks

Best Regards,

John Bercik

Systems Programmer            Phone:  843-792-1715
Department of Medicine            Fax:    843-792-0816

Medical University of South Carolina    email:  bercikj@musc.edu
Room 826F,  Clinical Science Building
96 Jonathan Lucas Street
Charleston, SC 29425

Re: pgadmin iii ...... pg 7.3.4

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
John Bercik wrote:

>I'm getting "error connecting to server FATAL password authentication failed
>for user postgres"  using pgadmin 3.  It worked fine in 7.3.3 but now i
>can't connect in 7.3.4. Any ideas?  I'm getting:  it says  unsupported
>frontend protocol  in the postgres log.  Thanks

Seems the libpq is limited to the new FE protocol. This restriction was
true before 7.4 beta for debugging reasons, but AFAIR now all protocols
are enabled (cant check this, have only 7.4 running).

Which distribution did you use or did you compile yourself?

Regards,
Andreas

Re: pgadmin iii ...... pg 7.3.4

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Andreas,

I can talk to 7.3.2 with no problems from Windows XP (no SSL). That's
using your precomiled libpq.lib.

Regards, Dave.