Обсуждение: run-time error 429 on WinNT

run-time error 429 on WinNT

От
Troy D
Дата:
Help....

I am not having the best of days...

I installed a new monitor on my machine which caused the video driver to
reload, which caused the OS to crash, which resulted in re-installing
the OS numerous times which eventually resulted in losing all
applications including pgAdmin.

I currently have Windows NT 4.0 sp6 on a Compaq Deskpro.  I have tried
installing pgAdmin 1.2.0 and 1.1.76 with the same result:

Run-time error '429':
ActiveX component can't create object

I have followed suggestions in the recent postings:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2001-11/msg00008.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgadmin-support/2002-01/msg00023.php

and in the Microsoft offering:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q185126

as best as I could but with no success.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Troy

Re: run-time error 429 on WinNT

От
"Dave Page"

Just a hunch, but what is the file version and size of riched32.dll on
your system? And for that matter, do you have copies in different
locations?

Regards, Dave.

Re: run-time error 429 on WinNT

От
Troy D
>>I installed a new monitor on my machine which caused the
>>video driver to
>>reload, which caused the OS to crash, which resulted in re-installing
>>the OS numerous times which eventually resulted in losing all
>>applications including pgAdmin.
>>
>>I currently have Windows NT 4.0 sp6 on a Compaq Deskpro.  I
>>have tried
>>installing pgAdmin 1.2.0 and 1.1.76 with the same result:
>>
>>Run-time error '429':
>>ActiveX component can't create object
>>

>Just a hunch, but what is the file version and size of riched32.dll on
>your system? And for that matter, do you have copies in different
>locations?
>
>Regards, Dave.

>subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

c:\winnt\system\riched.dll
242KB
12/16/98

Troy

Re: run-time error 429 on WinNT

От
"Dave Page"

That looks OK. Can you try (re)installing MDAC in case that's got in a
mess (www.microsoft.com/data) - 2.6 should definitely be OK on NT4,
dunno about 2.7...

Regards, Dave.

Re: run-time error 429 on WinNT

От
Troy D
Just a hunch, but what is the file version and size of
riched32.dll on
your system? And for that matter, do you have copies in different
locations?

Regards, Dave.

c:\winnt\system\riched.dll
242KB
12/16/98

That looks OK. Can you try (re)installing MDAC in case that's got in a
mess (www.microsoft.com/data) - 2.6 should definitely be OK on NT4,
dunno about 2.7...

Regards, Dave.

Many thanks, Dave.
Things now work and I know a lot more about MDAC.
FYI, I installed MDAC 2.6sp1.

Thanks again,
Troy