Обсуждение: pgMigration installation error

pgMigration installation error

От
Karl Swisher
Дата:
Hello,
    I have installed pgAdmin II v1.2 build 0.  It connects to Postgres on the
Linux server and I can connect to the database from Access.   I think I'm
ready to try some migration however when I use the "Run" command windows
reports an error of 0x00000485.   I have copied the dll inside of pgAdmin's
plugin directory.  I'm running on Win98.  Do I need to get something else
first before the install will work?  I couldn't find in the archieve anyone
else getting this error on install.

Thanks
Karl

Re: pgMigration installation error

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Karl

What do you mean by "Run" command?

If would also help if you could reproduce the error with logging set to
'Debug' and send the logfile. Look for the logging options under Tools
-> Options.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgMigration installation error

От
Karl Swisher

> > Hello,
> >       I have installed pgAdmin II v1.2 build 0.  It connects
> > to Postgres on the
> > Linux server and I can connect to the database from Access.
> > I think I'm
> > ready to try some migration however when I use the "Run"
> > command windows
> > reports an error of 0x00000485.   I have copied the dll
> > inside of pgAdmin's
> > plugin directory.  I'm running on Win98.  Do I need to get
> > something else
> > first before the install will work?  I couldn't find in the
> > archieve anyone
> > else getting this error on install.
>
>Hi Karl
>
>What do you mean by "Run" command?
>This is the text command described in the readme file.  It is on the start
>menu in Windows.

This is where I typed the following command.  I think it is correct.
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\paAdmin2\Plugins\pgMigration.dll"

>If would also help if you could reproduce the error with logging set to
>'Debug' and send the logfile. Look for the logging options under Tools
I'm not sure under Windows if there would be any log of this.
Thanks
Karl

>-> Options.
>
>Regards, Dave.

>http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html

Re: pgMigration installation error

От
"Dave Page"

Do you have all the necessary pre-requisites installed like MDAC2.6,
JET4 etc? It's probably worth re-installing them just to be sure they're
not broken.

> >If would also help if you could reproduce the error with
> logging set to
> >'Debug' and send the logfile. Look for the logging options
> under Tools
> I'm not sure under Windows if there would be any log of this.

No, you right, there wouldn't be.

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgMigration installation error

От
Karl Swisher
Дата:
>Do you have all the necessary pre-requisites installed like MDAC2.6,
>JET4 etc? It's probably worth re-installing them just to be sure they're
>not broken.
I found a log file that said MDAC2.1 was installed.  Then I found an htm
readme file for 2.5  I have since downloaded and installed MDAC2.6  and
rebooted.    Access2000 tells me I have Jet 4.0.  This was also checked
with the version of some Jet's dlls .  Example MSJET40.dll 4.00.2927.17
I still get the same error installing pgMigration.   The only thing I
haven't done is reinstall Access2000.
Thanks
Karl

> > database from
> > >
> > >Hi Karl
> > >
> > >What do you mean by "Run" command?
> > >This is the text command described in the readme file.  It is on the
> > >start
> > >menu in Windows.
> >
> > This is where I typed the following command.  I think it is
> > correct. regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\paAdmin2\Plugins\pgMigration.dll"
>

> > >If would also help if you could reproduce the error with
> > logging set to
> > >'Debug' and send the logfile. Look for the logging options
> > under Tools
> > I'm not sure under Windows if there would be any log of this.
>
>No, you right, there wouldn't be.
>
>Regards, Dave.

>http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/faq.html

Re: pgMigration installation error

От
"Dave Page"

Can you try that just in case something broke that Access isn't so fussy
about?

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgMigration installation error

От
Karl Swisher
Дата:
At 12:00 PM 5/1/2002 +0100, you wrote:

> [...]
I've done a complete uninstall and then a complete install.  Just to make
sure I also reinstalled MDAC2.6. I still get the same error.  When I get a
chance today I will try it on another machine.  These machines are Dells
about 1 year old.
Thanks
Karl

>Can you try that just in case something broke that Access isn't so fussy
>about?
>
>Regards, Dave.

>TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: pgMigration installation error

От
"Dave Page"

I just checked the Microsoft knowledgebase, and on windows 98 it seems
that you get 0x00000485 is regsvr32 can't find the file specified. Try
checking the command line. On a default setup it should be:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\pgAdmin2\Plugins\pgMigration.dll"

Note the quotes which are important...

Regards, Dave.

Re: pgMigration installation error

От
Karl Swisher
Дата:
At 12:40 PM 5/1/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>I just checked the Microsoft knowledgebase, and on windows 98 it seems
>that you get 0x00000485 is regsvr32 can't find the file specified. Try
>checking the command line. On a default setup it should be:
>
>regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\pgAdmin2\Plugins\pgMigration.dll"
>
>Note the quotes which are important...

I don't know what I typed in differently but I did a copy and paste with
the above line and that worked.  Thanks so much.
Karl