Обсуждение: run-time error 429

run-time error 429

От
"Linn Kubler"
Дата:
Hi,

New to this listserve hope someone can help me.  I've installed
version 1.1.59 on a Windows 2000 workstation and get this
message when users try to run pgAdmin:

run-time error 429
ActiveX component can't create object.

pgAdmin works for the Administrator account who installed it but
can't get it working for anyone else even other admins.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Linn

Re: run-time error 429

От
Dave Page

Hi Linn,

Does it work if re-installed whilst logged into one of the other admin
accounts (or a non-admin account for that matter)?

Regards, Dave.

Re: run-time error 429

От
Dave Page

[snip]

> Thanks for responding so quickly Dave.  I tried reinstalling with my
> personal account, which I had added to the administrator's group
> earlier for testing purposes.  It now works for the real
> Administrator
> and myself.  I removed my account from the administrator's group
> as a test and it still works for me.  This is good.
>
> I tested another user account, a power user on this system, and
> that account had the same problem.  Do I have to reinstall
> pgAdmin for each user account?  I would really prefer some way to
> make it so it works for all users on this system.

Hi Linn,

You certainly shouldn't have to re-install it for each user. Unfortunately
one of the new 'features' in Windows 2000 is th ability to register ActiveX
components for individual users, or the whole system. Obviously the former
is happening in your case.

The Wise Installer that we use appears to be defaulting to per user - I've
added a property to the distribution that *should* force it to machine based
if the installing user has admin privileges, or user based if not. This will
be in the next release.

Regards, Dave.

Re: run-time error 429

От