Обсуждение: I need help

I need help

От
"J. Ramirez"
Дата:
Hello, this is the first time I write in this list and it´s because I can´t
connect from a windows PC to a postgresql (6.5.3) server running under linux
(Red Hat 6.2), the error message I receive from de pgadminII es:
22/08/01 14:04:01 - Closing cnPostgreSQL
22/08/01 14:04:01 - SQL (template1): SELECT version(), datlastsysoid FROM
pg_database WHERE datname = 'template1'
22/08/01 14:04:01 - Error in pgAdmin
II:frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click: -2147467259 - Error while executing the
query; ERROR:  attribute 'datlastsysoid' not found
From the same PC I can connect using Microsoft Access and Linking tables
using a ODBC driver that I have added to the ODBC 'data sources' with the
same propierties I use in pgadmin II.
--
Javier Ramírez Molina
Departamento de programación de El Portal de Internet

RE: I need help

От
Dave Page

Hi,

pgAdmin II was developed with PostgreSQL 7.1.X which has a 'datlastsysoid'
column in pg_database. This isn't in PostgreSQL 6.5 and hence the error
occur. Unfortunately I don't have the time to ensure pgAdmin runs with
earlier versions of PostgreSQL (though in the future, I will try to maintain
backwards compatibility with versions we previously supported).

I would strongly suggest upgrading to PostgreSQL 7.1.3 - there have been a
huge amount of bug fixes and new features since 6.5.3. And of course,
pgAdmin II will work :-).

Regards Dave.

RE: I need help

От
"J. Ramirez"
Дата:
Firstly I want to thank you for so fast answer and I also want to ask you
for an oldier version of pgadmin because the Postgresql server I try to
connect its not mine so, for this moment, I can not upgrade to PostgreSQL
7.1.3, but I need to connect with it.
Thank you very much and congratulations for your job.
> pgAdmin II was developed with PostgreSQL 7.1.X which has a 'datlastsysoid'
> column in pg_database. This isn't in PostgreSQL 6.5 and hence the error
> occur. Unfortunately I don't have the time to ensure pgAdmin runs with
> earlier versions of PostgreSQL (though in the future, I will try to
maintain
> backwards compatibility with versions we previously supported).
>
> I would strongly suggest upgrading to PostgreSQL 7.1.3 - there have been a
> huge amount of bug fixes and new features since 6.5.3. And of course,
> pgAdmin II will work :-).
>
> Regards Dave.

RE: I need help

От
Dave Page

Unfortunately there is no older version of the code you have, in fact what
you have is only a preview release. The original version of pgAdmin is still
available at http://www.greatbridge.org/project/pgadmin however this is very
different. It is obviously a more mature product though...

Regards, Dave.

RE: I need help

От
"J. Ramirez"