Обсуждение: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
Aloha!

I think I ran into this regression with v1.16 beta4 and filed a ticket.
So far I have seen this to affect indexes, primary keys and foreign keys
But *not* tables, views, function, triggers, sequences or types ...

Added two small screenshots to the ticket to compare 1.4 and 1.16b4
     http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/377

Regards
Erwin

Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 27.08.2012 16:37, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Aloha!
>
> I think I ran into this regression with v1.16 beta4 and filed a ticket.
> So far I have seen this to affect indexes, primary keys and foreign keys
> But *not* tables, views, function, triggers, sequences or types ...
>
> Added two small screenshots to the ticket to compare 1.4 and 1.16b4
>     http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/377
>

> Regards
> Erwin

I tried to add more details to the ticket, but http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ decided to answer with error messages ..
seemsto be offline for now?
I'll add my findings here:

Also seems to affect  foreign keys and unique indexes.
But *not* tables, views, function, triggers, sequences or types ...
Tested with PostgreSQL 9.1 and 8.4

However, in seemingly arbitrary rare cases it works as it should. It's always the same for all objects under one table
sofar. I tried but failed to
spot a difference between the involved tables.

Regards
Erwin

Re: Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 16:57 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> On 27.08.2012 16:37, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> > Aloha!
> >
> > I think I ran into this regression with v1.16 beta4 and filed a ticket.
> > So far I have seen this to affect indexes, primary keys and foreign keys
> > But *not* tables, views, function, triggers, sequences or types ...
> >
> > Added two small screenshots to the ticket to compare 1.4 and 1.16b4
> >     http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/377
> >

> > Regards
> > Erwin
> >

> I tried to add more details to the ticket, but http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ decided to answer with error messages ..
seemsto be offline for now?
> I'll add my findings here:
>
> Also seems to affect  foreign keys and unique indexes.
> But *not* tables, views, function, triggers, sequences or types ...
> Tested with PostgreSQL 9.1 and 8.4
>
> However, in seemingly arbitrary rare cases it works as it should. It's always the same for all objects under one
tableso far. I tried but failed to
> spot a difference between the involved tables.

As you said, the trac site seems to be done right now, so I can't check
your screenshots. I know there are some issues with the indexes right
now. See the thread intitled "pgAdmin III commit: Lots of work on
domains, and check constraints". I have a patch that may fix your
issues, but can't check as I can't see your screenshots. I mostly need
an answer from Dave, to know if I should apply my patch, or revert my
older patch.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Re: Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 23:55 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-08-27 at 16:57 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> > On 27.08.2012 16:37, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> > > Aloha!
> > >
> > > I think I ran into this regression with v1.16 beta4 and filed a ticket.
> > > So far I have seen this to affect indexes, primary keys and foreign keys
> > > But *not* tables, views, function, triggers, sequences or types ...
> > >
> > > Added two small screenshots to the ticket to compare 1.4 and 1.16b4
> > >     http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/377
> > >

> > > Regards
> > > Erwin
> > >

> > I tried to add more details to the ticket, but http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ decided to answer with error messages
..seems to be offline for now?
> > I'll add my findings here:
> >
> > Also seems to affect  foreign keys and unique indexes.
> > But *not* tables, views, function, triggers, sequences or types ...
> > Tested with PostgreSQL 9.1 and 8.4
> >
> > However, in seemingly arbitrary rare cases it works as it should. It's always the same for all objects under one
tableso far. I tried but failed to
> > spot a difference between the involved tables.
> >

> As you said, the trac site seems to be done right now, so I can't check
> your screenshots. I know there are some issues with the indexes right
> now. See the thread intitled "pgAdmin III commit: Lots of work on
> domains, and check constraints". I have a patch that may fix your
> issues, but can't check as I can't see your screenshots. I mostly need
> an answer from Dave, to know if I should apply my patch, or revert my
> older patch.

trac is available now, thanks to Dave.

My patch fixes the issue you found.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com

Re: Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 05.09.2012 23:12, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-08-31 at 23:55 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

>>> I tried to add more details to the ticket, buthttp://code.pgadmin.org/trac/  decided to answer with error messages
..seems to be offline for now?
>>> I'll add my findings here:
>>>
>>> Also seems to affect  foreign keys and unique indexes.
>>> But *not* tables, views, function, triggers, sequences or types ...
>>> Tested with PostgreSQL 9.1 and 8.4
>>>
>>> However, in seemingly arbitrary rare cases it works as it should. It's always the same for all objects under one
tableso far. I tried but failed to
>>> spot a difference between the involved tables.
>>>
>> As you said, the trac site seems to be done right now, so I can't check
>> your screenshots. I know there are some issues with the indexes right
>> now. See the thread intitled "pgAdmin III commit: Lots of work on
>> domains, and check constraints". I have a patch that may fix your
>> issues, but can't check as I can't see your screenshots. I mostly need
>> an answer from Dave, to know if I should apply my patch, or revert my
>> older patch.
>>
> trac is available now, thanks to Dave.
>
> My patch fixes the issue you found.

I have downloaded and tested with 1.16.0 (Sep 7 2012). I am afraid my results disagree, the regression is still there,
allof it. Just like in the
screenshot in the ticket.

The other thing I reported seems fixed, though: "Bug in SQL script for indexes", where the SQL script used the table
nameinstead of the schema name.

Regards
Erwin

Re: Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 02:04 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> On 05.09.2012 23:12, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

messages.. seems to be offline for now?

tableso far. I tried but failed to

> >> As you said, the trac site seems to be done right now, so I can't check
> >> your screenshots. I know there are some issues with the indexes right
> >> now. See the thread intitled "pgAdmin III commit: Lots of work on
> >> domains, and check constraints". I have a patch that may fix your
> >> issues, but can't check as I can't see your screenshots. I mostly need
> >> an answer from Dave, to know if I should apply my patch, or revert my
> >> older patch.
> >>
> > trac is available now, thanks to Dave.
> >
> > My patch fixes the issue you found.
>
> I have downloaded and tested with 1.16.0 (Sep 7 2012). I am afraid my results disagree, the regression is still
there,all of it. Just like in the
> screenshot in the ticket.
>
> The other thing I reported seems fixed, though: "Bug in SQL script for indexes", where the SQL script used the table
nameinstead of the schema name.

Then you should try to give me an SQL script that I can execute and that
will show the same issue. Because I tried again, and I don't have the
issue.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info
http://www.dalibo.com

Re: Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

От
Erwin Brandstetter
Дата:
On 11.09.2012 19:41, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 02:04 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:

messages.. seems to be offline for now?

tableso far. I tried but failed to

>>> trac is available now, thanks to Dave.
>>>
>>> My patch fixes the issue you found.
>> I have downloaded and tested with 1.16.0 (Sep 7 2012). I am afraid my results disagree, the regression is still
there,all of it. Just like in the
>> screenshot in the ticket.
>>
>> The other thing I reported seems fixed, though: "Bug in SQL script for indexes", where the SQL script used the table
nameinstead of the schema name.

> Then you should try to give me an SQL script that I can execute and that
> will show the same issue. Because I tried again, and I don't have the
> issue.

It affects 9 out of 10 tables here. Just like the screenshots
demonstrate. Items are missing from the context menu and the DEL key is
not working.
I have tried again an to find anything that would bind the rare cases
where it works normally together, but no luck.
If I recreate the table in another schema it stops to work.
If I restart pgAdmin, the same tables exhibit normal behavior, so it's
not totaly random.
pgAdmin 1.14.3 does not display the problem.

I fail to see how I could provide an SQL script.
Maybe it's specific to Windows (XP)?

Regards
Erwin

Re: Re: Items missing from some context menus in object browser of v1.16 beta4

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
On Wed, 2012-09-12 at 05:19 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> On 11.09.2012 19:41, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

messages.. seems to be offline for now?

onetable so far. I tried but failed to

> >> I have downloaded and tested with 1.16.0 (Sep 7 2012). I am afraid my results disagree, the regression is still
there,all of it. Just like in the
> >> screenshot in the ticket.
> >>
> >> The other thing I reported seems fixed, though: "Bug in SQL script for indexes", where the SQL script used the
tablename instead of the schema name.

> > Then you should try to give me an SQL script that I can execute and that
> > will show the same issue. Because I tried again, and I don't have the
> > issue.
>
> It affects 9 out of 10 tables here. Just like the screenshots
> demonstrate. Items are missing from the context menu and the DEL key is
> not working.
> I have tried again an to find anything that would bind the rare cases
> where it works normally together, but no luck.
> If I recreate the table in another schema it stops to work.
> If I restart pgAdmin, the same tables exhibit normal behavior, so it's
> not totaly random.
> pgAdmin 1.14.3 does not display the problem.
>
> I fail to see how I could provide an SQL script.
> Maybe it's specific to Windows (XP)?

I fail to see how it could be specific to Windows. Apart from a
wxWidgets bug.