Обсуждение: Re: [pgadmin-support] PGP problem ubuntu jaunty (9.04)

Re: [pgadmin-support] PGP problem ubuntu jaunty (9.04)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Willy-Bas Loos<willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> it still isn't working. Of course i am now hoping to install the release
> version, not the RC.
> It doesn't matter if i use "gutsy" or "feisty" in my sources.list, I keep
> getting the message that the signature is invalid.
> ("jaunty" causes a 404 - Not Found)
>
> Am i doing something wrong, or is the sig actually invalid?

I imagine it's actually expired. I don't know anything about APT, but
I do know that the pgAdmin repo is almost certainly out of date. Any
volunteers to take over the maintenance of it? Or shall I just remove
it and leave it to the downstream project to produce binaries? (which
I think they do these days anyway).

--
Dave Page

Re: [pgadmin-support] PGP problem ubuntu jaunty (9.04)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Willy-Bas Loos<willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>>  Or shall I just remove
>> it and leave it to the downstream project to produce binaries? (which
>> I think they do these days anyway).
>
> The thing is, it takes a while for the latest pgAdmin to turn up in the
> ubuntu repositories.
> probably about 6 months.

In which case, we need a volunteer.

--
Dave Page

Re: [pgadmin-support] PGP problem ubuntu jaunty (9.04)

От
Willy-Bas Loos
Дата:
it and leave it to the downstream project to produce binaries? (which
I think they do these days anyway).

The thing is, it takes a while for the latest pgAdmin to turn up in the ubuntu repositories.
probably about 6 months.

--
"Patriotism is the conviction that your country is superior to all others because you were born in it." -- George Bernard Shaw

Re: [pgadmin-support] PGP problem ubuntu jaunty (9.04)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le lundi 6 juillet 2009 à 10:19:46, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Willy-Bas Loos<willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > it still isn't working. Of course i am now hoping to install the release
> > version, not the RC.
> > It doesn't matter if i use "gutsy" or "feisty" in my sources.list, I keep
> > getting the message that the signature is invalid.
> > ("jaunty" causes a 404 - Not Found)
> >
> > Am i doing something wrong, or is the sig actually invalid?
>
> I imagine it's actually expired. I don't know anything about APT, but
> I do know that the pgAdmin repo is almost certainly out of date. Any
> volunteers to take over the maintenance of it? Or shall I just remove
> it and leave it to the downstream project to produce binaries? (which
> I think they do these days anyway).

Raphaël is not supposed to work on this? or does he "only" do the Debian
package? I CC-ed him, just in case.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: [pgadmin-support] PGP problem ubuntu jaunty (9.04)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Guillaume
Lelarge<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

> Raphaël is not supposed to work on this? or does he "only" do the Debian
> package? I CC-ed him, just in case.

Well Raph unfortunately doesn't have time to maintain the APT repos
these days I don't think. I think what we need to do is remove the
Ubuntu and Debian download pages ASAP, as it seems that they are just
causing confusion. Then, we can restore them if/when we find a new
maintainer.

Thoughts?

--
Dave Page

Re: [pgadmin-support] PGP problem ubuntu jaunty (9.04)

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le mercredi 8 juillet 2009 à 10:13:05, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Guillaume
>
> Lelarge<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> > Raphaël is not supposed to work on this? or does he "only" do the Debian
> > package? I CC-ed him, just in case.
>
> Well Raph unfortunately doesn't have time to maintain the APT repos
> these days I don't think. I think what we need to do is remove the
> Ubuntu and Debian download pages ASAP, as it seems that they are just
> causing confusion. Then, we can restore them if/when we find a new
> maintainer.
>
> Thoughts?

I agree. I know how to build deb packages, but I have not enough skills to
maintain pgAdmin's ones.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: [pgadmin-support] PGP problem ubuntu jaunty (9.04)

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Guillaume Lelarge<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Le mercredi 8 juillet 2009 à 10:13:05, Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Guillaume
>>
>> Lelarge<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> > Raphaël is not supposed to work on this? or does he "only" do the Debian
>> > package? I CC-ed him, just in case.
>>
>> Well Raph unfortunately doesn't have time to maintain the APT repos
>> these days I don't think. I think what we need to do is remove the
>> Ubuntu and Debian download pages ASAP, as it seems that they are just
>> causing confusion. Then, we can restore them if/when we find a new
>> maintainer.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I agree. I know how to build deb packages, but I have not enough skills to
> maintain pgAdmin's ones.

OK, removed temporarily.

--
Dave Page