Обсуждение: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
As beta 1 is nearly out of the door, I would like to write a visual tour
on this release. Something like the XFCE 4.6 visual tour, right there:
  http://www.xfce.org/about/tour

Is someone already working on this?

(ps: I will need someone to help me fix my bad english)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> As beta 1 is nearly out of the door, I would like to write a visual tour
> on this release. Something like the XFCE 4.6 visual tour, right there:
>  http://www.xfce.org/about/tour

That'd be cool - though perhaps one feature per-page.

> Is someone already working on this?

Not that I know of.

> (ps: I will need someone to help me fix my bad english)

Hah - it's normally better than mine!! I'm sure I can proof read though.

--
Dave Page

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> As beta 1 is nearly out of the door, I would like to write a visual tour
>> on this release. Something like the XFCE 4.6 visual tour, right there:
>>  http://www.xfce.org/about/tour
>
> That'd be cool - though perhaps one feature per-page.

I did it on a one page for all, but it's possible to divide it in
multiple pages. Anyways, it's available there:

  http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/visualtour/

I would love to get comments/ideas/patches on this.

For example, I'm not sure about the miscellanous part. Perhaps I should
get rid of it.

I can put it on my blog, but I think it would be better on pgAdmin's
website.

Comments?

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
> http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/visualtour/

Can I expose this URL to the China PUG forum?

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Quan Zongliang a écrit :
>> http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/visualtour/
>
> Can I expose this URL to the China PUG forum?

I have no problem with this. But it will probably be moved sometime
elsewhere.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Dave Page a écrit :
> [...]
>> Comments?
>
> I need to do a pass over it to tweak some of the phrasing. Can I edit
> the original without causing you problems?

Yes, you can do it. I have nothing to edit on it right now.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
> I have no problem with this. But it will probably be moved sometime
> elsewhere.
Ok, I can edit my topic when it be moved.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>> Dave Page a écrit :
>> [...]
>>> Comments?
>>
>> I need to do a pass over it to tweak some of the phrasing. Can I edit
>> the original without causing you problems?
>>

> Yes, you can do it. I have nothing to edit on it right now.

OK, I've updated it. You should probably try not to refer to the user
as 'one' quite so often - technically it is correct, but few people
ever talk like that (except possibly the Queen :-) ).

Some additional reviews would be good though!!

--
Dave Page

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>> As beta 1 is nearly out of the door, I would like to write a visual tour
>>> on this release. Something like the XFCE 4.6 visual tour, right there:
>>>  http://www.xfce.org/about/tour
>>
>> That'd be cool - though perhaps one feature per-page.
>>

> I did it on a one page for all, but it's possible to divide it in
> multiple pages. Anyways, it's available there:
>
>  http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/visualtour/

Nice :-)

> I would love to get comments/ideas/patches on this.
>
> For example, I'm not sure about the miscellanous part. Perhaps I should
> get rid of it.

Seems OK to me.

> I can put it on my blog, but I think it would be better on pgAdmin's
> website.

Agreed.

> Comments?

I need to do a pass over it to tweak some of the phrasing. Can I edit
the original without causing you problems?

--
Dave Page

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Dave Page a écrit :
>>> [...]
>>> I need to do a pass over it to tweak some of the phrasing. Can I edit
>>> the original without causing you problems?
>>>
>> Yes, you can do it. I have nothing to edit on it right now.
>
> OK, I've updated it. You should probably try not to refer to the user
> as 'one' quite so often - technically it is correct, but few people
> ever talk like that (except possibly the Queen :-) ).

I didn't know that. Funny :)

> Some additional reviews would be good though!!

OK. Do you want that I put it into shape for inclusion in the website?

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

> OK. Do you want that I put it into shape for inclusion in the website?

Yes please - that'd be great.

--
Dave Page

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 6:08 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>
>> OK. Do you want that I put it into shape for inclusion in the website?
>
> Yes please - that'd be great.

You'll find the complete package here :

  http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/web.tar.bz2

(I couldn't really do a svn diff because of the binary files in it)

Can you check this? I don't have a pgadmin.org web test platform which I
can use for this. AFAICS, extract.sh didn't yell at me. I suppose this
is good sign :)

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:

> You'll find the complete package here :
>
>  http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/web.tar.bz2
>
> (I couldn't really do a svn diff because of the binary files in it)
>
> Can you check this? I don't have a pgadmin.org web test platform which I
> can use for this. AFAICS, extract.sh didn't yell at me. I suppose this
> is good sign :)

I'm pretty busy atm, as I've found some issues in 1.10 that need to be
resolved and have a bunch of other todos. If you have more time
though, you should be able to use the sandbox at
/var/www/wwwdevel.pgadmin.org (which is http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org).
You can use 'sudo su -' if you need to fix any permissions.

--
Dave Page

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>
>> You'll find the complete package here :
>>
>>  http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/web.tar.bz2
>>
>> (I couldn't really do a svn diff because of the binary files in it)
>>
>> Can you check this? I don't have a pgadmin.org web test platform which I
>> can use for this. AFAICS, extract.sh didn't yell at me. I suppose this
>> is good sign :)
>
> I'm pretty busy atm, as I've found some issues in 1.10 that need to be
> resolved and have a bunch of other todos. If you have more time
> though, you should be able to use the sandbox at
> /var/www/wwwdevel.pgadmin.org (which is http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org).
> You can use 'sudo su -' if you need to fix any permissions.

Done. See http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/visualtour.php for a check. I had
to reduce the size of two screenshots. Not sure if we need to make the
fullsize available with a link.

If it's OK for you, I'll apply ASAP.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>>
>>> You'll find the complete package here :
>>>
>>>  http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/web.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> (I couldn't really do a svn diff because of the binary files in it)
>>>
>>> Can you check this? I don't have a pgadmin.org web test platform which I
>>> can use for this. AFAICS, extract.sh didn't yell at me. I suppose this
>>> is good sign :)
>>
>> I'm pretty busy atm, as I've found some issues in 1.10 that need to be
>> resolved and have a bunch of other todos. If you have more time
>> though, you should be able to use the sandbox at
>> /var/www/wwwdevel.pgadmin.org (which is http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org).
>> You can use 'sudo su -' if you need to fix any permissions.
>>

> Done. See http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/visualtour.php for a check. I had
> to reduce the size of two screenshots. Not sure if we need to make the
> fullsize available with a link.
>
> If it's OK for you, I'll apply ASAP.

Looks good to me :-)

Not entirely sure about the link on the menu though - maybe 'Tour
(1.10)' would look better?

--
Dave Page

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Dave Page a écrit :

>>> I'm pretty busy atm, as I've found some issues in 1.10 that need to be
>>> resolved and have a bunch of other todos. If you have more time
>>> though, you should be able to use the sandbox at
>>> /var/www/wwwdevel.pgadmin.org (which is http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org).
>>> You can use 'sudo su -' if you need to fix any permissions.
>>>
>> Done. See http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/visualtour.php for a check. I had
>> to reduce the size of two screenshots. Not sure if we need to make the
>> fullsize available with a link.
>>
>> If it's OK for you, I'll apply ASAP.
>
> Looks good to me :-)
>
> Not entirely sure about the link on the menu though - maybe 'Tour
> (1.10)' would look better?

I agree.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Quan Zongliang a écrit :
>> I have no problem with this. But it will probably be moved sometime
>> elsewhere.
> Ok, I can edit my topic when it be moved.

It has been moved to:

  http://www.pgadmin.org/visualtour.php

Keep in mind that you can translate the text, the .po files have been
updated. Be careful, there are <b> and </b> HTML tags. It would be best
to keep them.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org
 http://dalibo.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
> Keep in mind that you can translate the text, the .po files have been
> updated. Be careful, there are <b> and </b> HTML tags. It would be best
> to keep them.
Ok, I will translate ASAP.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
> It has been moved to:
>
>   http://www.pgadmin.org/visualtour.php
>
> Keep in mind that you can translate the text, the .po files have been
> updated. Be careful, there are <b> and </b> HTML tags. It would be best
> to keep them.
I remember one thing
Serial months ago, someone told me that their project choose PostgreSQL just
because they found pgAdmin website has Chinese version.
It exciting me, until now. ^-^

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com

Re: pgAdminIII 1.10 Visual Tour

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Quan Zongliang <quanzongliang@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It has been moved to:
>>
>>   http://www.pgadmin.org/visualtour.php
>>
>> Keep in mind that you can translate the text, the .po files have been
>> updated. Be careful, there are <b> and </b> HTML tags. It would be best
>> to keep them.
> I remember one thing
> Serial months ago, someone told me that their project choose PostgreSQL just
> because they found pgAdmin website has Chinese version.
> It exciting me, until now. ^-^

LOL :-)

--
Dave Page