Обсуждение: Why is pgadmin3 distributet as a .pkg?

Why is pgadmin3 distributet as a .pkg?

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Дата:
Hi

I just noticed that the official builds of pgadmin3 for OSX
are distributed as a .pkg. Since this package only installs
a single Folder (pgAdmin3.app) into /Applications, I believe
that distribution as a .pkg creates more trouble for a user
than a plain zip/bz2/dmg containing pgAdmin3.app

Additionally, most OSX Applications that don't include device
drivers or such, are distributed as a dmg including the app, and
not as a .pkg (e.g. Firefox, Thunderbird, ...)

I could contribute some script that automatically builds a
dmg if there is interest in that.

greetings, Florian Pflug

Re: Why is pgadmin3 distributet as a .pkg?

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Florian G. Pflug wrote:
> Hi
>
> I just noticed that the official builds of pgadmin3 for OSX
> are distributed as a .pkg. Since this package only installs
> a single Folder (pgAdmin3.app) into /Applications, I believe
> that distribution as a .pkg creates more trouble for a user
> than a plain zip/bz2/dmg containing pgAdmin3.app
>
> Additionally, most OSX Applications that don't include device
> drivers or such, are distributed as a dmg including the app, and
> not as a .pkg (e.g. Firefox, Thunderbird, ...)
>
> I could contribute some script that automatically builds a
> dmg if there is interest in that.

Sure, please do.

Regards, Dave