Обсуждение: 1.4.3 Uploaded

1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
I've uploaded source, windows, slackware and OSX distributions of v1.4.3 to developer.pgadmin.org. Please take a peek
andreport any glaring errors.

Packagers; please upload your builds as soon as possible :-)

Thanks, Dave

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:
> I've uploaded source, windows, slackware and OSX distributions of v1.4.3 to developer.pgadmin.org. Please take a peek
andreport any glaring errors.

> Packagers; please upload your builds as soon as possible :-)

Hi Dave,

finally, what's the status of pgAgent concerning the bugs we tracked
with Eric?

Cheers,
R.

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Dave Page"

> finally, what's the status of pgAgent concerning the bugs we tracked
> with Eric?

All sorted (I thought he cc'd you). Thanks for your help :-)

/D

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

mmh in fact I'm quite sure he did... I'm a little bit busy ATM.

I've just started the build so that Peter can upload it rapidly to
Debian. I need help to sort out what bugs are and are not fixed in this
release. Can you take a look at http://bugs.debian.org/pgadmin3 please?

Most of the bug I've forwarded have been forgotten I believe. My fault,
I did not track pgadmin-hackers down.

R.

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Wahoo! I will begin it.
However, developer.pgadmin.org is getting tired and sleeping...?_?

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

From: "Dave Page"

I've uploaded source, windows, slackware and OSX distributions of v1.4.3 to
developer.pgadmin.org. Please take a peek and report any glaring errors.

Packagers; please upload your builds as soon as possible :-)

Thanks, Dave

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
Guillaume LELARGE
Дата:
Dave Page a écrit :
> I've uploaded source, windows, slackware and OSX distributions of v1.4.3 to developer.pgadmin.org. Please take a peek
andreport any glaring errors.

I've downloaded it at work (windows release). It works great. Well done,
Dave.

Would it be possible to get the new website pot file so I can update it ?

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Dave Page"

Hmm, I don't recall ever seeing most of those :-(

Well, of the outstanding ones:

#350722: pgadmin3: mouse wheel not working in data view window

 - That'll be either wxWidgets or GTK rather than us as our code doesn't implement that level of the UI. Can this
problembe reproduced in the wxWidgets grid sample?

#303770: pgadmin3: characters cut off in view data

- Width-wise I'm not overly surprised - we made a decision long ago to keep the columns a default width as standard and
nothave them varying in size. The user can adjust the width as necessary. I cannot reproduce the problem with the
height.Is the use using non-standard fonts?

#364787: pgadmin3: pressing delete key on selected rows doesn't delete rows

- Yes and no it seems. On Windows it does, however on GTK the event is captured by the selected cell rather than the
control.I've not yet found a way round that.

#333175: please include the upstream changelog

- That would be one for you!

#364784: pgadmin3: selecting datatype in when creating new columns is very uncomfortable

- The list is semi-alphabetical. It is ordered in blocks such that it shows domains, then pure types, and then array
types.I am aware that it isn't easy to use though, however this is something I have to work on for 1.6.

Regards, Dave.

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Dave Page"

Yeah, so it seems. Should be OK now though.

Regards, Dave.

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Dave Page"

Thanks.

> Would it be possible to get the new website pot file so I can
> update it ?

I've updated it in SVN: http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/www/locale/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGES/

Thanks, Dave

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Not as is but I tried to relay them to the list. Not all of them I admit.

> Well, of the outstanding ones:
>
> #350722: pgadmin3: mouse wheel not working in data view window
>
>  - That'll be either wxWidgets or GTK rather than us as our code doesn't implement that level of the UI. Can this
problembe reproduced in the wxWidgets grid sample?

Ok, I'll investigate further in this direction.

> #303770: pgadmin3: characters cut off in view data
>
> - Width-wise I'm not overly surprised - we made a decision long ago to keep the columns a default width as standard
andnot have them varying in size. The user can adjust the width as necessary. I cannot reproduce the problem with the
height.Is the use using non-standard fonts?

Ok, I'll ask.

> #364787: pgadmin3: pressing delete key on selected rows doesn't delete rows
>
> - Yes and no it seems. On Windows it does, however on GTK the event is captured by the selected cell rather than the
control.I've not yet found a way round that.

Maybe we should not declare this as solved in the changelog... Or just
precise that it's solved on Win32 and a known issue on other platforms.

> #333175: please include the upstream changelog
>
> - That would be one for you!

It may not. I'm quite sure we discussed about this a long ago. The
problem is that we don't have a real ascii changelog. Peter also
suggested that we generate a NEWS ascii file when he forwarded it to the
list.

> #364784: pgadmin3: selecting datatype in when creating new columns is very uncomfortable
>
> - The list is semi-alphabetical. It is ordered in blocks such that it shows domains, then pure types, and then array
types.I am aware that it isn't easy to use though, however this is something I have to work on for 1.6.

Ok, that's what you mentioned earlier in the bug report.

Thanks for your help Dave.

I've finished to package pgAdmin III 1.4.3 last night and asked for an
upload to Debian. I'll tell you when it's ok and may push the up to date
packages in our own repository in the next days.

Regards,
Raph

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Dave Page"

Yeah, I noted it was win32 on the release announcements.

> > #333175: please include the upstream changelog
> >
> > - That would be one for you!
>
> It may not. I'm quite sure we discussed about this a long ago. The
> problem is that we don't have a real ascii changelog. Peter also
> suggested that we generate a NEWS ascii file when he
> forwarded it to the
> list.

We do have in SVN Trunk, just not the back branch (I'm not keen on renaming files in stable branches - it tends to
breakpackages if the maintainers don't notice or forget).

> I've finished to package pgAdmin III 1.4.3 last night and
> asked for an
> upload to Debian. I'll tell you when it's ok and may push the
> up to date
> packages in our own repository in the next days.

OK, thanks. Now it's in Debian, perhaps you could look at http://www.pgadmin.org/download/debian.php - maybe there's no
needto maintain our own repo now? And certainly we should mention how to get pgAdmin from Debian.

Cheers, Dave.

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Ok, thanks for the raphOS update.

>>I've finished to package pgAdmin III 1.4.3 last night and
>>asked for an
>>upload to Debian. I'll tell you when it's ok and may push the
>>up to date
>>packages in our own repository in the next days.
>

> OK, thanks. Now it's in Debian, perhaps you could look at http://www.pgadmin.org/download/debian.php - maybe there's
noneed to maintain our own repo now? And certainly we should mention how to get pgAdmin from Debian.

In fact, this page is not so outdated. I only intend to suppress the
Etch section and merge it with the Sid section. pgAdmin will never reach
Sarge. That's why I'd like to keep the repo for a while although I
intend to replace it with backports.org.

Thanks for the headup.

Cheers,
Raph

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Dave Page"

:-)

> In fact, this page is not so outdated. I only intend to suppress the
> Etch section and merge it with the Sid section. pgAdmin will
> never reach
> Sarge. That's why I'd like to keep the repo for a while although I
> intend to replace it with backports.org.

OK, cool - please post a patch for the page when you're ready.

Cheers, Dave.

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
> > Wahoo! I will begin it.
> > However, developer.pgadmin.org is getting tired and sleeping...?_?
>
> Yeah, so it seems. Should be OK now though.

I uploaded now.!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: 1.4.3 Uploaded