Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] Missing variable "role" in "pg_settings"?

Re: [GENERAL] Missing variable "role" in "pg_settings"?

Дата:
> Based on this email, should we be showing ROLE from SHOW ALL?

Only if you think we should be showing session_authorization too.
That was marked "no_show_all" quite a long time ago, and we have
not got complaints about it...

            regards, tom lane

Re: [GENERAL] Missing variable "role" in "pg_settings"?

От
"Florian G. Pflug"
Tom Lane wrote:
>>Based on this email, should we be showing ROLE from SHOW ALL?
> Only if you think we should be showing session_authorization too.
> That was marked "no_show_all" quite a long time ago, and we have
> not got complaints about it...

Hm, but before 8.1 there was no "alter user set <variable> <value>", was
there? So, a automatic way of retrieving all possible variables wasn't
too important - at least not from a gui-tool perspektive..

Maybe pg_show_all_settings could take an additional parameter indicating
wether to show NO_SHOW_ALL variables or not?

Just my 2 (euro)-cent...

greetings, Florian Pflug

Re: [GENERAL] Missing variable "role" in "pg_settings"?

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> Hm, but before 8.1 there was no "alter user set <variable> <value>", was
> there?

A look at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/sql-alteruser.html
proves you wrong.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: [GENERAL] Missing variable "role" in "pg_settings"?

Дата:
"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Based on this email, should we be showing ROLE from SHOW ALL?
>> Only if you think we should be showing session_authorization too.
>> That was marked "no_show_all" quite a long time ago, and we have
>> not got complaints about it...

> Hm, but before 8.1 there was no "alter user set <variable> <value>", was
> there? So, a automatic way of retrieving all possible variables wasn't
> too important - at least not from a gui-tool perspektive..

I don't see the connection offhand ... but ALTER USER SET <variable>
has been around since 7.3, so this doesn't seem to support whatever
argument you intended to make.

            regards, tom lane