Обсуждение: Release schedule

Release schedule

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
Just for info, I plan to build 1.4.0 tomorrow night (Saturday, GMT),
once the PostgreSQL 8.1 docs are available from Marc. I'll upload once
done for testing on Saturday/Sunday, and announce on Monday.

Thanks to all the developers, translators and testers!

Cheers, Dave.

Re: Release schedule

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:
> Just for info, I plan to build 1.4.0 tomorrow night (Saturday, GMT),
> once the PostgreSQL 8.1 docs are available from Marc. I'll upload once
> done for testing on Saturday/Sunday, and announce on Monday.

Ok, I finally managed to provide a German tips.txt.
We shouldn't point users to contrib/rserv any more, the directory is
empty anyway... Slony-I is the new star!

I removed that line from SL_si, es_ES and fr_FR, please re-add the
Slony-I version.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Release schedule

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:
> Just for info, I plan to build 1.4.0 tomorrow night (Saturday, GMT),
> once the PostgreSQL 8.1 docs are available from Marc. I'll upload once
> done for testing on Saturday/Sunday, and announce on Monday.

IMNSHO we can't keep this until the Japanese issue is fixed, we'll have
to mention that in BUGS.txt and address it for 1.4.1, unless a solution
is found within the next few hours.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Release schedule

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
I can't delay the main release anyway - the balls already rolled too far down the hill (if you get my drift).

Regards, Dave.

> Just for info, I plan to build 1.4.0 tomorrow night (Saturday, GMT),
> once the PostgreSQL 8.1 docs are available from Marc. I'll upload once
> done for testing on Saturday/Sunday, and announce on Monday.

IMNSHO we can't keep this until the Japanese issue is fixed, we'll have
to mention that in BUGS.txt and address it for 1.4.1, unless a solution
is found within the next few hours.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Release schedule

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Andreas.

> Dave Page wrote:
> > Just for info, I plan to build 1.4.0 tomorrow night (Saturday, GMT),
> > once the PostgreSQL 8.1 docs are available from Marc. I'll upload once
> > done for testing on Saturday/Sunday, and announce on Monday.
>
> IMNSHO we can't keep this until the Japanese issue is fixed, we'll have
> to mention that in BUGS.txt and address it for 1.4.1, unless a solution
> is found within the next few hours.

Although I could check now and there was nothing, the question had not
arisen in my development environment. I think that it originates in wxWidgets
or libpq.dll. Anyway, If I return, I will check it again, when returns.

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: Release schedule

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
> I can't delay the main release anyway - the balls already rolled too far down the hill
(if you get my drift).

> Regards, Dave.

Um, I consider offer from svn to Japan. As the only local problem.
Sigh...

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito

Re: Release schedule

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:
> I can't delay the main release anyway - the balls already rolled too far down the hill (if you get my drift).
>
> Regards, Dave.

So, we can builb packages based on:
http://beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.pgadmin.org/ftp/release/v1.4.0/src/pgadmin3-1.4.0.tar.gz

that's it?

Cheers,
Raphaël

Re: Release schedule

От
Dave Page

On 6/11/05 9:01 am, "Raphaël Enrici" <blacknoz@club-internet.fr> wrote:

> Dave Page wrote:
>> I can't delay the main release anyway - the balls already rolled too far down
>> the hill (if you get my drift).
>>
>> Regards, Dave.

Yes, that's it - packagers, please go forth and package!

There is one minor issue btw - I found that the slony docs weren't included
in the source tarball. I added them in, but unfortunately, 3 of the have a
name that is too long, which causes the tarball to double in size for some
bizarre reason. I dropped the 3 files from the tarball as this is going to
be non-trivial to fix - you might prefer to build from
svn://svn.pgadmin.org/tags/REL-1_4_0/pgadmin so your distro does include the
missing files.

Regards, Dave

Re: Release schedule

От
Raphaël Enrici
Dave Page wrote:

> On 6/11/05 9:01 am, "Raphaël Enrici" <blacknoz@club-internet.fr> wrote:
>

>>Dave Page wrote:
>>
>>>I can't delay the main release anyway - the balls already rolled too far down
>>>the hill (if you get my drift).
>>>
>>>Regards, Dave.

Can you list the missing ones please? For Debian packaging I need to
keep the original tarball (that's a mandatory rule). I'll add them as a
patch.

Regards,
Raph

Re: Release schedule

От
"Dave Page"

docs/en_US/slony/function.createevent-name-text-text-text-text-text-text-text-text.html
docs/en_US/slony/function.forwardconfirm-integer-integer-bigint-timestamp-without-time-zone.html
docs/en_US/slony/function.createevent-name-text-text-text-text-text-text-text-text-text.html

Not the shortest names are they? Oddly, it seems to work OK if I build the tarball on OS X, which is fine if it weren't
forthe fact that developer.pgadmin.org runs Slackware...

tardir=pgadmin3-1.5.0 && /bin/sh /usr/local/src/pgadmin3/config/missing --run tar chof - "$tardir" | GZIP=--best gzip
-c>pgadmin3-1.5.0.tar.gz
tar: pgadmin3-1.5.0/docs/en_US/slony/function.createevent-name-text-text-text-text-text-text-text-text.html: file name
istoo long (max 99); not dumped
tar: pgadmin3-1.5.0/docs/en_US/slony/function.forwardconfirm-integer-integer-bigint-timestamp-without-time-zone.html:
filename is too long (max 99); not dumped
tar: pgadmin3-1.5.0/docs/en_US/slony/function.createevent-name-text-text-text-text-text-text-text-text-text.html: file
nameis too long (max 99); not dumped

:-(

Regards, Dave

Re: Release schedule

От
"Dave Page"

Having said that - I did just find a fix. Hold on, and I'll re-roll the tarball.

/D

Re: Release schedule

От
"Dave Page"

There - re-rolled.

Apologies to any of the packagers who were faster than me :-)

Now for some sleep...

Regards, Dave.

Re: Release schedule

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Release schedule

От
"Dave Page"

> There is one minor issue btw - I found that the slony docs weren't included
> in the source tarball. I added them in, but unfortunately, 3 of the have a
> name that is too long, which causes the tarball to double in size for some
> bizarre reason. I dropped the 3 files from the tarball as this is going to
> be non-trivial to fix - you might prefer to build from
> svn://svn.pgadmin.org/tags/REL-1_4_0/pgadmin so your distro does include the
> missing files.

> I think you should rebuild the tarball or directly release 1.4.0-2. The
> tarball on the FTP site and the tarball I'll use in the RPMs will differ
> and IMHO it means that what I'll use will not be 1.4.0.

I stumbled across the fix and rebuilt the tarball, per my earlier email :-)

Make sure you get the tarball from developer.pgadmin.org though, as the older one might still be on the mirrors for a
dayor so.

Cheers, Dave

-----Unmodified Original Message-----

Re: Release schedule

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: Release schedule

От
"Dave Page"

OK, thanks Devrim. I've got Polish for 1.4.1 as well know, so you won't
be alone :-)

/D