Обсуждение: Website translation, a bug in right-to-left languages

Website translation, a bug in right-to-left languages

От
Hossein Noorikhah
Дата:
Hi
I'm not sure this is the appropriate mailing list or
not, but If I was wrong, please give me the right one.
For right-to-left languages like Persian, in the
pgadmin website, a css file:
http://www.pgadmin.org/css/bluehaze-rtl.css is used.
In this file there are some lines that cause English
text in the web page to be shown wrongly, in
right-to-left order(reverse). For fixing this, you
need to remove every occurrence of this line:

unicode-bidi: bidi-override;

This will fix the issue. This problem is not browser
specific. ``bidi-override'' is obvious.
Thanks.

Re: Website translation, a bug in right-to-left languages

От
"Dave Page"

Nope, this one is just fine.

> For right-to-left languages like Persian, in the
> pgadmin website, a css file:
> http://www.pgadmin.org/css/bluehaze-rtl.css is used.
> In this file there are some lines that cause English
> text in the web page to be shown wrongly, in
> right-to-left order(reverse). For fixing this, you
> need to remove every occurrence of this line:
>
> unicode-bidi: bidi-override;
>
> This will fix the issue. This problem is not browser
> specific. ``bidi-override'' is obvious.
> Thanks.

OK, thanks  I've updated it as you suggest. Has the Farsi broken at all?
I noticed a couple of characters moved following the change, though the
vast majority remained the same.

Regards, Dave.

Re: Website translation, a bug in right-to-left languages

От
Hossein Noorikhah
Дата:
Hi
I think everything's fine now, but does the web site
automatically updated?(I can't see the changes in the
website right now) How long it will take? I just tried
the cvs css file and that was good, as I tested with
the saved web pages.
Now, there are minor changes needed to be done, and I
think those changes won't need the modification of web
 site files, they can simply be done in translation
strings.
Thanks for your attention.