Обсуждение: Servers moving!

Servers moving!

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
developer.pgadmin.org and cvs.pgadmin.org will be changing IP address,
probably some time tomorrow. This is part of a move onto a faster
connection.

The new ips will be as follows - please use these in your hosts file if
the DNS is a little slow to catch up with the move:

developer.pgadmin.org: 194.217.48.42
cvs.pgadmin.org: 194.217.48.44

Regards, Dave

Re: Servers moving!

От
"Dave Page"

The move has now been completed, and a ticket raised to get the DNS
updates made. If anyone has any problems please let me know (I may have
missed a firewall rule or something).

Regards, Dave.

Re: Servers moving!

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>>developer.pgadmin.org: 194.217.48.42

ssh: ok
ftp: needs 25sec to show logon message

>>cvs.pgadmin.org: 194.217.48.44
cvs update/commit ok

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Servers moving!

От
"Dave Page"

Hmm, probably ident trying to get through the new set of firewall rules.
I'll look at that after lunch...

Thanks, Dave.

Re: Servers moving!

От
"Dave Page"

This should be OK now Andreas - can you check please?

Reagrds, Dave

Re: Servers moving!

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

No, not better...

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Servers moving!

От
"Dave Page"

That's odd - I get virtually instant response from the postgresql.org
servers, and the router is currently running the same set of ACLs as the
old one (but on the new subnet of course). If I block ident (as it was
when you reported the problem), then I see the behaviour you describe. I
don't suppose your ftp client is trying to do a reverse lookup or
something that's currently failing?

Regards, Dave.

Re: Servers moving!

От
"Dave Page"

Well, at the moment, the router config is exactly as it was on the
previous connection (bar the IP addresses of course), and the firewall
rules on the server itself are exactly the same, again, bar the IP
addresses. I can't reproduce this delay from any of the postgresql.org
servers (either those in Panama, or svr4 which is in the US), or my own
connection at home.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?

Regards, Dave

Re: Servers moving!

От
blacknoz@club-internet.fr
>Well, at the moment, the router config is exactly as it was on the
>previous connection (bar the IP addresses of course), and the firewall
>rules on the server itself are exactly the same, again, bar the IP
>addresses. I can't reproduce this delay from any of the postgresql.org
>servers (either those in Panama, or svr4 which is in the US), or my own
>connection at home.
>
>Is anyone else seeing this problem?

yep. same problem from here. I'd bet on a reverse lookup from the server or something like this...

Cheers,
Raphaël