Обсуждение: Automatic registration on Downloading sites using a PAD file

Automatic registration on Downloading sites using a PAD file

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Dear friends,

Just a quick note to say that a common XML standard, called PAD format,
enables automatic registration/updates on downloading sites.

The specifications of PAD can be found here:
http://www.asp-shareware.org/pad

If you enter "pgadmin" on http://www.asp-shareware.org/pad/padlib.asp and
click "Search", you will find "EMS PostgreSQL Manager". Smart, hum? Now,
enter "mysql" and "postgresql"...

Thanks to PAD, it should be easy to spead pgAdmin III on downloading sites.

A preview of pgAdmin III PAD file can be found here:
http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin3/cnt/pgadmin3.xml

There are a very few obligations: one of them is that it is required to point
directly to installer files (.zip), which means in our case choose the most
five largest mirrors in the PostgreSQL list.

By the way, the PAD file includes language information. So, if all of you
could update the web site translation from the translation page, this would
be a big "plus". The links:

http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/af_ZA/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/de_DE/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/fa_IR/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/id_ID/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/ja_JP/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/ru_RU/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/tr_TR/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/zh_CN/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po
http://developer.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/locale/zh_TW/LC_MESSAGES/pgadmin3_website.po

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: Automatic registration on Downloading sites using a PAD file

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Dear friends,
>
>Just a quick note to say that a common XML standard, called PAD format,
>enables automatic registration/updates on downloading sites.
>
>The specifications of PAD can be found here:
>http://www.asp-shareware.org/pad
>
>If you enter "pgadmin" on http://www.asp-shareware.org/pad/padlib.asp and
>click "Search", you will find "EMS PostgreSQL Manager". Smart, hum? Now,
>enter "mysql" and "postgresql"...
>
>Thanks to PAD, it should be easy to spead pgAdmin III on downloading sites.
>
>A preview of pgAdmin III PAD file can be found here:
>http://pgadmin.postgresql.org/pgadmin3/cnt/pgadmin3.xml

Two things I noticed:
- It's powerfuL, not ..fuLL (is there more Dave?)
- missing keyword: pgadmin pgadmin3, maybe also pg-admin

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Automatic registration on Downloading sites using a PAD file

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Jeudi 5 Février 2004 22:50, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> Two things I noticed:
> - It's powerfuL, not ..fuLL (is there more Dave?)
> - missing keyword: pgadmin pgadmin3, maybe also pg-admin

Thanks. I also updated the .pot file.
Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: Automatic registration on Downloading sites using a PAD file

От
"Dave Page"

Acouple of things:

- 30+ languages is mentioned twice in the description.
- The primary download site is
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/pgadmin3/release/win32/pgadmin3.
zip

None of the others can be guaranteed.

- Shouldn't the URL point to the pgadmin3/release directory? The rest of
the file advertises different platforms, for which a .zip is no use.

- Do we support NT4?

Regards, Dave.

Dave Page wrote:

>- Do we support NT4?

Probably no problem, I can't recall any W2K+ specific calls.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Automatic registration on Downloading sites

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Vendredi 6 Février 2004 11:52, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> Probably no problem, I can't recall any W2K+ specific calls.

And what about Unicode?
Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: Automatic registration on Downloading sites

От
Andreas Pflug
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Vendredi 6 Février 2004 11:52, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
>

>>Probably no problem, I can't recall any W2K+ specific calls.
>>

>And what about Unicode?

Unicode is NT3.5 and up.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Automatic registration on Downloading sites

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Vendredi 6 Février 2004 14:29, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
> Unicode is NT3.5 and up.

OK, I will update the PAD file and web site with NT compliance.

Also, I slightly modified the licence disclaimer again in CVS, but it is only
a proposal/reminder as there is no agreement yet.

Cheers, Jean-Michel