Обсуждение: Client Encoding

Client Encoding

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It seems we all seem to think that client_encoding should be set to
UNICODE in all cases for unicode builds and SQL_ASCII for others,
therefore I've backed out the previous changes and implemented this
behaviour instead.

Any problems, please let me know.

Regards, Dave

Re: Client Encoding

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi Dave.

They are still imperfect.
This binary understands SJIS-code more securely than UNICODE now.
http://cre-ent.skcapi.co.jp/~saito/pgadmin/lib/pgadmin3_2003-06-10_bin.zip
Of course, other encodings are understood, too.
Leave it because it is input and output of the local data and it doesn't
become a difficulty.

With kindest regards,
Hiroshi-Saito

It seems we all seem to think that client_encoding should be set to
UNICODE in all cases for unicode builds and SQL_ASCII for others,
therefore I've backed out the previous changes and implemented this
behaviour instead.

Any problems, please let me know.

Regards, Dave

Re: Client Encoding

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>It seems we all seem to think that client_encoding should be set to
>UNICODE in all cases for unicode builds and SQL_ASCII for others,
>therefore I've backed out the previous changes and implemented this
>behaviour instead.

Looks good  to me.

I've changed libpq handling so utf-8 is correctly converted to utf-16. I
believe encoding is now handled correctly for unicode builds. A current
win32 build is uploaded to snake.pgadmin.org.

Client encoding setting might still be useful for non-unicode builds, if
we want to support them at all. The list of selectable client encodings
would have to be restricted to 8-bit/char codes.
Actually, I'd prefer to recommend unicode-builds as *the* one and only
solution for multi-encoding environments, leaving the non-unicode build
pinned to sql_ascii.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Client Encoding

От
"Dave Page"

Sounds good. They only problem with Unicode builds will (==should) be
Win9x...

Regards, Dave.

Re: Client Encoding

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>Sounds good. They only problem with Unicode builds will (==should) be
>Win9x...

I don't believe Win9x is a preferred administrator's os... :-> Let's
wait and see if there are really many people trying to run pgAdmin3
under these ancient os.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: Client Encoding

От
"Dave Page"

Oh there are a few :-( They crop up on the Cygwin list periodically.

Regards, Dave.