Обсуждение: create/edit object

create/edit object

От
Andreas Pflug
Dave Page wrote:

>OK, thanks.
>
>While I think of it, have you done anything to support creation of new
>objects? I did originally start including Add New... Nodes to each
>section of the treeview for this, but I think you've removed those now
>haven't you?

Hi Dave,

yes I removed Add New... nodes, they're consuming a lot of space (GTK
will even need more vertical spacing for each node).
Database and User can be created already, using the toolbar buttons.

Actually, I'm not quite happy about the bitmaps for create and edit.
They look nice, but don't show what they are meant for until you
mouse-move-over it.

Regards,
Andreas

Re: create/edit object

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Andreas Pflug once said:
> Dave Page wrote:
>
>>OK, thanks.
>>
>>While I think of it, have you done anything to support creation of new
>>objects? I did originally start including Add New... Nodes to each
>>section of the treeview for this, but I think you've removed those now
>>haven't you?
>>

> Hi Dave,
>
> yes I removed Add New... nodes, they're consuming a lot of space (GTK
> will even need more vertical spacing for each node).
> Database and User can be created already, using the toolbar buttons.

OK. I tend to forget these things as I have a rather nice 21" monitor at
work :-)
At some point I do think we should discuss controls however. I'm a little
concerned that having (nearly) everything on the context menu is not
overly accessible to some people. I think we need a rule that the toolbar
will exactly replicate the context menu, or that we have another menu on
the menu bar that does.
Any thoughts?

> Actually, I'm not quite happy about the bitmaps for create and edit.
> They look nice, but don't show what they are meant for until you
> mouse-move-over it.

No. There is work to be done on many of the icons, but I'm certainly not
the person for that. I'll put a cry for help out over some of the mailing
lists...
Regards, Dave.