Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_namespace -> pg_schema?

Re: [HACKERS] pg_namespace -> pg_schema?

От
Andreas Pflug
Tom Lane wrote:

>Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
>

>>I know pg_namespace has been in release for one rev, but I was
>>wondering if for consistency sake there was any interest or desire or
>>plans to change the system catalog to pg_schema.
>>

>No.  The choice of catalog name was deliberate: a namespace is not
>necessarily identical to a schema.  In any case, I can see no value
>to renaming it at this late date.
>
>            regards, tom lane

I wonder if we should use the term NAMESPACE instead of SCHEMA in pgAdmin3.
Any suggestions?

Andreas

Re: [HACKERS] pg_namespace -> pg_schema?

От
"Dave Page"
Дата:
It's rumoured that Andreas Pflug once said:
>>No.  The choice of catalog name was deliberate: a namespace is not
>>necessarily identical to a schema.  In any case, I can see no value to
>>renaming it at this late date.
>
> I wonder if we should use the term NAMESPACE instead of SCHEMA in
> pgAdmin3. Any suggestions?

In pgAdmin II I deliberately folowed Tom's lead and called them Namespaces
internally and Schemas externally to avoid any confusion on the issue.
Oh, and of course the main class library was already called pgSchema...

Regards, Dave.