Обсуждение: create language vbs

create language vbs

От
"frank_lupo@email.it"
Дата:
if possible create language vbs (visual basic script) in postgresql for
windows ?
In pgsql-general archivie don't have answere.

Tanks

Bye !!
Frank Lupo (Wolf) !!

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Una vetrina tutta tua per i tuoi prodotti? Diventa Supervenditore bid.it!

Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=315&d=14-3

Re: create language vbs

От
Dave Page

I doubt this is easily possible, even if it is, it's way outside the work of
this group.

Regards, Dave.

Re: create language vbs

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Jeudi 14 Mars 2002 18:43, frank_lupo@email.it a écrit :
> if possible create language vbs (visual basic script) in postgresql for
> windows ?
> In pgsql-general archivie don't have answere.

No it is impossible and will never be possible.

PostgreSQL can be programmed server-side in several languages, including
PLpgSQL, PLperl, C, etc.. pgAdmin2 includes a GUI with syntax highlight for
server-side programming. Maybe you should read the online doc :
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/

Cheers, Jean-Michel

Re: create language vbs

От
"Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd"
Дата:
> > if possible create language vbs (visual basic script) in
> > postgresql for windows ? In pgsql-general archivie don't have answere.
>
>I doubt this is easily possible, even if it is, it's way outside the work of
>this group.

interesting thought though.. mind you I suppose that the true-U guys
writing the postmaster would balk at the thought of a M$ language being
used as a back end procedural language. But it would instantly win many
potential users if they thought writing the serverside functions was in a
well known language....
Anyway as you say, not a pgAdmin issue so I'll stop wasting thread space.

Tim Finch,
FosterFinch Ltd
http://www.fosterfinch.co.uk