Обсуждение: CVS co -c failure on pgadmin cvs server??

CVS co -c failure on pgadmin cvs server??

От
"Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd"
Дата:
Hi,

I'm trying to log into the cvs for pgadmin2 for the first time. This is the
first time using cvs as well.
I understand that

cvs co -c

tells you what modules are available. Nothing is returned (I have done the
CVSROOT variable setting and then cvs login first as an anonymouse user).

Is this right?

Using the web browser I saw what the folders were anyway and just did a
cvs co pgadmin2
which seems to be working as I speak.

Is there a cvs faq for would-be developers for pgAdmin?

Thanks
Tim.

Re: CVS co -c failure on pgadmin cvs server??

От
Dave Page

No, I'm a complete amateur when it comes to CVS as well :-(.

We (the core developers) tend to use WinCVS which makes it all nice and
easy.

Regards, Dave.

Re: CVS co -c failure on pgadmin cvs server??

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
> Is there a cvs faq for would-be developers for pgAdmin?

Dear Tim,

Thanks, your help on pgAdmin2 is welcome.

You are using command line CVS, right? Maybe you should try
http://www.wincvs.org for these reasons
1) Nice GUI with extensive documentation.
2) It can well handle text and windows binaries.

Enter
:pserver:anonymous@cvs.pgadmin.org:/disk1/cvsroot
in WinCVS and everything should be fine.

Coding standards are described in pgAdmin2 online help.
Do not hesitate to contact us back.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel

Re: CVS co -c failure on pgadmin cvs server??

От
"Tim Finch, FosterFinch Ltd"

>You are using command line CVS, right? Maybe you should try
>http://www.wincvs.org for these reasons
>1) Nice GUI with extensive documentation.
>2) It can well handle text and windows binaries.

downloading now. Merci, Jean.