Re: pgpass

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: pgpass
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Olivier Bouiron <o.bouiron@isc84.org> wrote:
> Hi evryone.
> I would like to know if the pgpass file will be encrypted in a futur version of pgadmin.

the pgpass file is a function of PostgreSQL, not pgadmin.

> It's not a bug but it could be a good thing to do that one day (and I think it's not very difficult, isn't it?).

The answer is most likely no. Encryption is easy, but what key would
you use to encrypt it with?

If you are worried about it, your best choice is to make sure your
home directory is on an encrypted filesystem. This is supported on
most (all?) modern platforms.