Re: [HACKERS] Re: NOT {NULL|DEFERRABLE} (was: bug in 7.0)

От wieck@debis.com (Jan Wieck)
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: NOT {NULL|DEFERRABLE} (was: bug in 7.0)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> At 02:34 PM 2/29/00 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> >IMHO, you should be on pgsql-general, not pgsql-hackers, as its obvious
> >that you need *release level* software ...
>
> No problem, I'll unsubscribe.
   NO!
   Your  input  and  code-contribution to the FK project was far   too important. In  fact,  without  you  FK  would
have been   implemented  fundamentally  wrong.  So  I  would  miss you on   -hackers.

> >If, when we release, you are *still* having problems,please feel free to
> >let us know in a *NON* antagonistic way ...
>
> Save bug reports until release?  OK, if that's what you want.
   It's not wat I want at least.
   Back to the roots. Thomas, from my personal PoV, is a  little   too much after "do it in the grammar if possible at
all".But   he's the core member to take care about  compliance  and  the   like.   Hackers  (like me) tend to let go
withsomething that   works, but it's him to assure the parsers  future  is  great,   wide  open.  Finally  it's  the
mixturein the core team that   makes Postgres successful, so I'm happy with Thomas having  a   sharp eye on it.

   In the actual case, we need to see what can be done until 7.0   release.  If we cannot produce a clean  solution
during the   next  weeks,  I'm  sure that "backward compatibility" has the   higher weight than avoiding my crude  hack
into  the  parser   (it'll stay for one release only anyway).

   What  I  suggest  is,  take  it  as  it  is. We use to have a   friendly and nice ground noise in our mailing lists.
So this   kind  of  discussion, tending to become flame wars, should be   taken off list at least (IMHO avoided at all,
butI'm  farest   the last person to judge).

Jan