Re: [GENERAL] PostGreSQL Timeout, auto shutdown and Pkey errors

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] PostGreSQL Timeout, auto shutdown and Pkey errors
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/30/2017 11:35 AM, Niel Smith wrote:

Please reply to list also.
Ccing list.

Also to help with replies in the future could you change your posting
style to something like:

Thanks.

> What version of Postgres and where did you get it? This Was from
> postgresSQL 9.5

  > I'm not sure where this was downloaded from this was
  > installed on the server before I started with the company I work
for. my
  > guess is from the postgreSQL website

> OS and version?
   >this is running a windows 7 embedded OS.

Do you have anti-virus software running on this machine?

> Which logs?

  >From the PostgreSQL logs.

> A timeout expired, probably on client side.
> Where are the clients relative to the server, local network or Internet?
   > Local network
>
> Where are the above coming from as I can not find a reference to
> readCurIndex in either the Postgres or psqodbc code?

   >This is from a Log
   > called Trace and it comes from my Central Storage interface

What is Central Storage?

> Timestamp: 6/20/2017 3:09:15 PM
> Message: Error during indexfile unfixed fields readCurIndex:
> 3292CurFileNum: 550
> Severity: Error, Machine: DIRELIANT2,  Thread Name: SQLThreadPM
> Process Name: C:\Program Files\Dynamic Instruments, Inc\Digital
> Recorder\DICSInterface\DICSInterface.exe
> Timestamp: 6/21/2017 4:51:05 AM
> Message: Error during indexfile unfixed fields readCurIndex:
> 6249CurFileNum: 550
> Severity: Error, Machine: DIRELIANT2,  Thread Name: SQLThreadPM
> Process Name: C:\Program Files\Dynamic Instruments, Inc\Digital
> Recorder\DICSInterface\DICSInterface.exe

So the above is this third party instrument, correct?:

http://www.officer.com/company/10028921/dynamic-instruments

If so you might want to get in touch with them, as this looks to be
coming from their software.

> Timestamp: 6/21/2017 9:43:28 AM
> Message: Exception during making connection to
> databaseDriver={PostgreSQL
> UNICODE};Server=127.0.0.1;Port=5432;UID=postgres;PWD=root;Database=postgres;ERROR
> [08001] timeout expired

That looks fairly straight forward the connection attempt timed out.

The question is why?

Do you see anything in the Postgres logs from this time period that
might help?

Do you have network issues that might prevent the device from connecting
in a timely fashion?

Is there any consistency to when these errors occur?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com