Re: Hardware suggestions

От Francisco Reyes
Тема Re: Hardware suggestions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
christian.braun@tudor.lu writes:

> sizes etc., I wondered about the hardware. Most things were about the I/O
> of harddisks, RAM and file system. Is the filesystem that relevant?
> Because wo want to stay at Ubuntu because of the software support,
> espacially for the GIS-Systems. I think we need at least about 300-500Gb
> for storage and the server you get for this price are about two dualcore
> 2.0 - 2.8 GHz Opterons.

I would suggest 8GB of RAM, 4 500GB (Seagate) drives in RAID10, a dual
core CPU (AMD or Dual Core) and 3ware or Areca controller.

If you don't need a 1U case and you can use a tower case you should be able
to get those specs within your budget.

Сообщение: Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access
Сообщение: Re: Performance query about large tables, lots of concurrent access