polite request about syntax

От Ricardo Malafaia
Тема polite request about syntax
Дата
Re: polite request about syntax  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: polite request about syntax  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I've send the comment below to the documentation page about CREATE
FUNCTION, but it got (rightfully) rejected, since it doesn't really
add up to the discussion and is more of a request about syntax.  So,
here it goes:

Sorry, but "datetime" vs "timestamp with time zone"?!  And what about
the whole function text between $$'s?  Yes, better than the '' of some
time ago, since we don't have to put string literals in the function
text between '''''s! still...

Why are open-source developers so masochist?  I want to use
PostgreSQL, Linux, Python and others in the firm I work at, but I this
way I can't really sell them the idea of moving on to something which
is harder, clunkier and less supported than Oracle or M$SQL...

Right now we're moving from M$SQL to Oracle and this is why I came
here, to see how things are going.  Well, i guess i'll try again in
five years or so.

Please, take this as constructive criticism, since i'm a proud
open-source supporter... i would gladly use PostgreSQL at work,
clunkier syntax or not, but it's otherwise difficult to sell it to my
Windows-minded coworkers...

best regards