Re: backend *.c #include cleanup (IWYU)

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: backend *.c #include cleanup (IWYU)
Дата
Re: backend *.c #include cleanup (IWYU)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10.02.24 21:13, Nathan Bossart wrote:
>> (Interestingly, IWYU has been mentioned in src/tools/pginclude/README since
>> 2012.  Has anyone else played with it?  Was it not mature enough back then?)
> I haven't played with it at all, but the topic reminds me of this thread:
>
>     https://postgr.es/m/flat/CALDaNm1B9naPDTm3ox1m_yZvOm3KA5S4kZQSWWAeLHAQ%3D3gV1Q%40mail.gmail.com

Approaches like that as well as the in-tree pgrminclude work by "I
removed the #include and it still compiled fine", which can be
unreliable.  IWYU on the other hand has the compiler tracking where a
symbol actually came from, and so if it says that an #include is not
used, then it's pretty much correct by definition.