Re: PostgreSQL on 64 bit Linux

От Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on 64 bit Linux
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/21/06, mark@mark.mielke.cc <mark@mark.mielke.cc> wrote:

> Is there an interest, or any active project to examine PostgreSQL in
> the area of 64-bit processors? Has it already been done? I don't recall
> seeing a reference to it in my travels. I'm also not sure on what to
> expect for results, as the territory is still new. 64-bit processors
> have existed for a while, but 32-bit processors have been the popular
> choice, making 64-bit support an after thought?
That's certainly just a reference to the wintel world? AIX, HP-UX
and Solaris-Sparc have been 64-bit for a while now...

> Cheers,
> mark
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.

От: mark@mark.mielke.cc
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on 64 bit Linux
От: Douglas McNaught
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL on 64 bit Linux