Re: Do we want a hashset type?

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Do we want a hashset type?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-06-14 We 05:44, Tomas Vondra wrote:

The thing is, adding stuff to core is not free - it means the community
becomes responsible for maintenance, testing, fixing issues, etc. It's
not feasible (or desirable) to have all extensions in core, and cloud
vendors generally do have ways to support some pre-vetted extensions
that they deem useful enough. Granted, it means vetting/maintenance for
them, but that's kinda the point of managed services. And it'd not be
free for us either.

I agree it's a judgement call. But the code burden here seems pretty small, far smaller than, say, the SQL/JSON patches. And I think the range of applications that could benefit is quite significant.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan