Re: unaccent

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: unaccent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
nngodinh@tiscali.it writes:

> Not "to_ascii", since there are so many extended UNICODE characters that
> doesn't have any accent and should not be converted to an ASCII character.

Really, the accent conversion should be part of the character set
conversion routines.  At least my local iconv does that.

In general, the determination of what is an accent and how to convert it
is both dependent on locale and the intended usage.  It's not clear how
that should be handled.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net