Re: CREATE CAST WITHOUT FUNCTION should require superuserness?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: CREATE CAST WITHOUT FUNCTION should require superuserness?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> I think it might be a good idea to require superuser permissions to
> create a binary-equivalence cast.

OK

> Also, in the present state of the code a WITHOUT FUNCTION cast does
> not work if AS ASSIGNMENT isn't given: parse_coerce.c won't ever find
> it.  Is this intentional, or just an oversight?

It's a transition state that might be inadequately documented.  In the
near future the code should be restructured to allow for non-implicit
binary compatible casts.  But currently there are not candidates for that
anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net