Re: Question regarding coopting Database Engine

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Question regarding coopting Database Engine
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Steve Yalovitser wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know if its possible to coopt the postgres storage subsystem to
> rely entirely on ram based structures, rather than disk. Any documentation
> or ideas would be appreciated.

Sure, create a ram disk.  Set $PGDATA to it with proper permissions,
initdb, and restore.

Not sure why'd you wanna do it, as any crash loses all data, and
postgresql's strengths lie in its ability to survive the most brutal power
off situations mid-transaction etc...