Re: [GENERAL] can I do this.

От Stuart Rison
Тема Re: [GENERAL] can I do this.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes, but wasn't there talk -a little while back- of actually implementing
Perl functions directly (i.e. not via a C wrapper).

I remember there was a fair bit of support for doing so but I haven't
heard any more!

Anybody out there doing it?  I'd really love it!  I'd help but I only
"program" Perl... hence the request ;)

Cheers,

S.

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 1999-11-25, Jason C. Leach mentioned:
>
> > I'm wondering if I can set a trigger or stored procedure that will run a
> > perl script?
>
> Your best bet will probably be a wrapper function in C that will call the
> Perl program via system(), for example.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut                  Sernanders v�g 10:115
> peter_e@gmx.net                   75262 Uppsala
> http://yi.org/peter-e/            Sweden

Stuart C. G. Rison
6th floor, Darwin Building, University College London (UCL)
Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
Tel. 0207 504 2303, Fax. 0207 380 7193
e-mail: rison@biochem.ucl.ac.uk